Leading waterslide innovator, Polin Waterparks, has announced the first installation of its iconic King Cobra waterslide in India at the brand new Amaazia Waterpark in Surat.
The company supplied and installed nearly a dozen waterslide attractions at the new facility including a large children’s water play attraction.
Themed on the Amazon rain forest, the waterpark is the first section of the Amaazia Amusement Park development to open. It has been designed to accommodate up to 3000 visitors daily and occupies 4.5 acres.
Aside from King Cobra, all the waterslides have been designed specifically for the park. The majority are fusion, combination waterslides offering a variety of extreme and thrill ride experiences. They have all been manufactured using Polin’s RTM technology and feature natural lights and special patterns.
“Being able to work alongside firms such as the Rajgreen Group and Sanderson is another feather in our cap,” commented Kubilay Alpdogan, Director of Sales & Design of Polin Waterparks. “These partnerships help us raise the bar for the entire amusement industry.”
Visitor reactions have already proved overwhelmingly positive since the park opened last month.
Amaazia’s Waterslide Highlights
- King Cobra. A heart-pounding ride of twists, turns and surprises. Guests shoot up a nearly vertical slope then slide backwards several times before exiting the ride.
- Looping Rocket. This attraction features a unique “launch capsule” 73 feet in the air. A trap door opens sending riders through a high-speed, heart-pounding 360-degree loop.
- Freefall and Body Slide Combo Waterslide. The thrill of a freefall without the danger. Connected to it is an open slide that ensures a safe, smooth ride. No mats required and a wide variety of design options and slide paths.
- Twister Racer and Windigo Combo. The Twister Racer is a four-lane multi slide. It blends speed with twisting turns as multiple tubes intertwine to create a thrill-slide experience. Merged into its design is Polin’s Windigo. This sophisticated thrill ride sends guests through side-by-side enclosed tubes. These spread out to create geometrical curving patterns high above the ground.
- Black Hole. This attraction is a part-open/part-closed slide. Riders can enjoy the full visual experience of Polin’s Natural Light Effects technology. The visual experience is created by water sluicing through the tubes and interacting with sunlight.
- Uphill Navigatour and Black Hole Combo. Guests sliding along the Navigatour’s breathtaking 135-metre (443-feet) path slip in and out of the light as they experience an amazing light show. In the Black Hole portion of the ride, guests continue along a path of fast-changing colours and designs in a high-speed trip through multiple turns and inclines.
- Black Hole & Turbolance Combo. The ride starts slowly in the Black Hole section of this fused slide. It quickly picks up velocity to deliver a high-speed adventure before connecting to Polin’s Turbolance extreme slide. On this section of the ride, guests experience a steep drop that propels them steeply up a giant vertical slide. Then, they rush backwards down the slope, flying over a hill and ending in a splash pool.
- Space Boat. This is one of Polin’s most popular extreme slides. The Space Boat combines the excitement of the Space Hole and the Black Hole. Guests begin the ride via the Black Hole’s high-speed, enclosed tube slide, slipping into a swirling vortex of multiple turns and inclines, including dizzying changes in lighting and colours. They are discharged into a huge, open bowl where centrifugal force whirls them around the insides until they drop through the centre and experience a breathtaking splash below.
- Polin’s B9-Type Water Play Structure. This water play attraction incorporates numerous fun elements to keep kids busy, such as tipping buckets, slides, net climbs and water cannons.
Development Budget Estimated at Over $26m
The $26m Amaazia Amusement Park is owned by the Rajgreen Group of Companies, one of the fastest-growing business conglomerates in India. It is being developed by international thematic entertainment design and construction corporation, Sanderson Group. The company has worked with a host of entertainment giants including Disney, Universal Studios, Meraas, DreamWorks and Nickelodeon.
The second phase of the facility will include a full-scale Bollywood-themed family entertainment centre. Attractions will include an indoor amusement park, bird park, snow park, shopping mall, hotel, banquet halls, rooms for weddings and other functions, a three-screen cinema and ‘7D’ theatre.