Hersheypark have announced details of the $150 million Hershey’s Chocolatetown expansion.
The new theme park zone will include a coaster, restaurants and retail, and is the largest capital investment in Hershey Entertainment & Resorts’ history.
Commenting on the announcement, John Lawn, president and CEO of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts (HE&R) said, “We are incredibly excited to enter this next chapter in the rich history of Hersheypark. Hershey’s Chocolatetown will mark the true intersection where fun meets chocolate. Chocolatetown will be a place where chocolate-inspired attractions will transform the guest experience in new and engaging ways.
“This will be a definitive project for Hersheypark, HE&R and our destination. Inspired by our visionary founder, we are so proud to be able to leverage our remarkable history and our shared iconic brand in creating a sense of place that you can only find in Hershey, Pa.”
$150m Hershey’s Chocolatetown expansion
Opening in summer 2020, Hershey’s Chocolatetown will feature:
- a new arrival experience and front gate
- the 15th Coaster for the theme park which promises to be the “tallest, fastest, longest, and sweetest “
- a full service themed restaurant and other F&B options including personal ice cream-ologists
- a unique KISSES Fountain
- a new home for the 100 year old carousel
- the largest collection of Hersheypark merchandise in a new flagship store, with interactive shopping experiences
Updates on the new rollercoaster will be available on the theme park’s website and also via the hashtag #HPChocolatetown.
In 2017, Blooloop talked to Hersheypark GM Kevin Stumpf about “the sweetest place on earth”.
Images and video: Hersheypark