Live Nation has unveiled a host of augmented reality (AR) products, providing more immersive ways for fans to connect with artists and brands at live music events.
At the 25th annual Music Midtown festival in September, Hyundai will be the first company to use a selection of Live Nation’s AR products.
Hyundai will put on creative experiences for fans on site and off site to promote and explore new features of the completely redesigned 2020 Sonata.
“More than 90% of live music fans globally say brands can enhance the live experience, and augmented reality presents endless opportunities,” said Kevin Chernett, EVP Global Partnerships & Content Distribution at Live Nation.
“The ability to drive culture through creativity while also adding value to fans allows brands to elevate expectations at live music events.”
Immersive AR experiences at music events and festivals
The initial suite of AR products in development include:
- AR Livestream: For the first time ever, Live Nation’s AR Livestream will allow fans globally to experience the festival in an entirely new way. By downloading the Music Midtown app, fans can click on the AR Livestream and point the app to a flat surface from which a three-dimensional, four-sided viewer that can be rotated will appear for fans to view selected performances, live from the festival. Hyundai will be integrated into the experience by showcasing a custom 3D version of the 2020 Sonata.
- AR VIP Access: With AR VIP Access, fans on site and off site can experience VIP areas from Music Midtown, including side stage, backstage, and front of house soundboard. 360-degree camera technology is used to create a new immersive experiences, and Hyundai’s 2020 Sonata will be integrated into the experience.
- AR Fest Lens: Fans attending select festivals will be able to point their smartphone at any of the stages and a lineup will appear identifying which artists will be performing, as well as upcoming acts.
- AR Intermission: AR Intermission unlocks the opportunity for brands to creatively reimagine what the stage can look like in between sets, creating memorable, engaging entertainment experiences for fans at concerts and festivals.
- AR Photo Opp: With AR Photo Opp, guests can identify iconic or branded backdrops within venues and festivals, and take photos with unique AR filters and custom 3D artwork.
Live Nation enhancing the live experience with AR
“The 2020 Sonata is Hyundai’s most technologically advanced sedan ever that aims to make the daily ride better,” said Dean Evans, CMO, Hyundai Motor America.
“Our mission with the partnership is to naturally integrate the Sonata and its premium design and suite of technology features into the AR experience in a way festival goers are sure to appreciate.”
Meanwhile, C3 Presents – the producers behind Austin City Limits Music Festival and Lollapalooza – have unveiled their latest event, Metarama Gaming + Music Festival.
Taking place on October 19-20 at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds, this groundbreaking destination festival represents a first-of-its-kind showcase of the latest marquee gaming, esports, and live music talent, providing two full days of action and immersive entertainment for all ages.
Images: Live Nation