Odisha government has approved allotment of land for seven hotel and tourism projects, including a theme park and water park, with an investment of ₹354.34 crore ($50 million).
A water park has been proposed at Basantpur near Sambalpur by Aquamagic Water Amusement Park with an investment of ₹7.50 crore ($1m). Also proposed is a theme park and resort near Rourkela by Krishna Holdings with an investment of ₹3.16 crore ($454,803).
Investors have been asked to commission their projects within three years of the allotment of land.
More approved projects include:
- Golf resort at Satpada near Chilika Lake Puri to be developed by Mayfair Hotels and Resorts Limited with an investment of ₹125 crore ($17m).
- Gopalpur Palm Resort at Udayapur, Ganjam by Swosti Vacations Club Private Limited with an investment of ₹64.58 crore ($9.2m).
- Hotel at Trisulia by Lalchand Resort Private Limited with an investment of ₹54.50 crore ($7.8m).
- Resort at Gopalpur by Luxurio Assets with an investment of ₹49.80 crore ($7.1m).
- Resort at Tampara, Ganjam by Lifeline Multi Venture Private Limited with an investment of ₹49.80 crore ($7.1m).
Tourism Secretary Vishal Kumar Dev said: “The lands have been allotted for seven projects in different parts of the State after due diligence and technical assessment for land requirement. These projects will bring in an investment of Rs 354.34 crore.
“The projects will be developed over a total area of around 79.5 acres, out of which government has decided to allot around 42.5 acres. Some project proponents have arranged balance land on their own privately.
“These projects, apart from creating direct employment opportunities, also have potential for large indirect employment.”
Expanding entertainment zones in India
Meanwhile, Jadooz, which owns and operates entertainment zones with cinemas, gaming pods, and virtual reality (VR) centres in towns and villages in India, is opening 10 new attractions and hopes to expand further.
Image: Creative Commons