The Themed Entertainment Association has announced the winners of this year’s highly prized Thea Awards.
Recipients will be formally presented with their awards on April 22, 2017 at the Thea Awards Gala presented by Chimelong Group, at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA.
Winners of the 23rd annual THEA Awards
The Buzz Price Thea Award – Recognising a Lifetime of Distinguished Achievements
- Jeremy Railton, Founder/Chairman, Entertainment Design Corp.
- WaterWorld – A Live Sea War Spectacular (main image), Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal City CA, USA
Thea Awards for Outstanding Achievement
- WhiteWater’s Slideboarding – Technology on a Limited Budget
- Mack Ride Systems’ Suspended Power Coaster – Innovative Ride System
- 5D Castle Theatre, Chimelong Ocean Kingdom, Zhuhai, China – Attraction
- Décrocher la Lune, La Louviere, Belgium – Live Event Spectacular on a Limited Budget
- Ghost Post, Disney Parks & Resorts – Connected Immersion on a Limited Budget
- House of Eternal Return by Meow Wolf, Santa Fe, NM, USA – Connected Immersion on a Limited Budget
- Meet Vincent Van Gogh Experience, Developed by the Van Gogh Museum – Immersive Museum Exhibit: Touring
- Springfield USA, Universal Studios Hollywood, CA, USA – Themed Food & Beverage Experience
- Transformations, Museum of Latin American Art, Long Beach, CA, USA – Museum Exhibit on a Limited Budget
- Senate Immersion Module, Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the U.S. Senate, Boston, MA, USA – Connected Immersion in Education
- Le Dernier Panache, Puy Du Fou, Les Epesses, France – Live Show
- Center Parcs Le Bois Aux Daims, Les Trois-Moutiers, France – Eco-Friendly Destination
- Shanghai Disneyland, China – Theme Park
- Camp Discovery, Shanghai Disneyland, China – Attraction
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure, Shanghai Disneyland, China – Attraction
TEA Peter Chernack Distinguished Service Award
Peter Chernack, The Chernack Group (posthumous honor, in memoriam)