The travelling exhibit The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! will stay on the road until 2021. Currently entertaining visitors to the Discovery Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, the exhibition sold out at locations across North America in 2018.
This highly interactive travelling exhibit piques the public’s natural interest and curiosity as they explore the real science behind the unbelievable. Through experiments, challenges, touchable specimens, real artefacts, interactives and multimedia experiences, visitors of all ages are able to explore a world of astonishing wonders.
Snakes, sword swallowing and the world’s tallest man
Highlights include of The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! include:
- A chance to crawl through a model of the largest snake that had ever lived
- See the world from the perspective of the world’s tallest man
- Discover how it is biologically possible to safely swallow a sword
- Find out more about the practice of eating insects, entomophagy, by ordering an insect dish at the Bug Bistro
- Hear from Robert Ripley himself and learn about what drove his curiosity into the unknown
The exhibition continues its current run in Halifax until April 24. It then moves to Exploration Place in Wichita, Kansas, opening from May 26 to September 3. Beyond that, it has been extended from this fall right through until summer 2021. To lease the 6,000 sq exhibition for your venue, contact Science North.