Village Roadshow has announced that it will be the operator for Lai Sun’s Lionsgate Entertainment World, the world’s first vertical theme park, opening soon in Novotown, Hengqin.
Last week Lionsgate Entertainment World teased details of some of the IPs and 30 attractions and VR experiences to be included in the high tech theme park.
Commenting on the announcement, Lionsgate Entertainment World’s General Manager, Selena Magill said,“We are excited to be bringing this venue to life with Lionsgate and the Lai Sun Group to provide the people of China with a world-class entertainment and theme park venue.
“Lionsgate Entertainment World will offer some of the most unique and technologically advanced theme park rides and attractions in the world, all themed around hugely popular Lionsgate movies.
“In addition to the state-of-the-art rides and attractions that were conceptualised by the Thinkwell Group, Lionsgate Entertainment World also offers a mesmerizing and world-class retail and dining experience, which will give guests a theme park experience like no other.”
Lionsgate Entertainment World: Cutting edge attractions technology and popular IPs
- The Twilight Saga – Midnight Ride. A VR dirt-bike race with werewolves.
- The Twilight Saga – Bella’s Journey. An indoor experience bringing to life the Twilight fantasy saga.
- Divergent – VR Fear Simulator. A multi-sensory dark maze.
- Divergent – The Chasm Challenge Course. Climbing walls, suspended bridges and vertical drops.
- Gods of Egypt – Battle For Eternity. The “world’s first purpose built indoor Virtual Reality Roller Coaster”.
- The Hunger Games – Mockingjay Flight Rebel Escape. 3D motion simulator attraction.
- Escape Plan – Prison Break. One of the “technological advanced escape rooms in the world”.
Lionsgate Entertainment World, scheduled to open in July, will be a highlight attraction at Lai Sun Group’s Novotown Hengqin on Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, China.
Images: Lionsgate Entertainment World