The City of Marshfield, Wisconsin, has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for architectural services with regard to the Wildwood Zoo Welcome Centre and Cougar Exhibit project.
Wildwood Zoo currently specialises in animals native to North America including Kodiak bears, cougars, fox, wolves and lynx. In 2015, the zoo opened its state-of-the-art Kodiak Bear Exhibit which includes ‘Bear Woods’ – a close to one acre area of bear enrichment grounds. The bears access the woods from the expanded primary exhibit via an enclosed 65 foot bridge.
Now, Wildwood Zoo’s existing cougar building is set to be completely remodelled to include an expanded cougar exhibit, ADA restrooms, an animal handling area and an educational centre.
The successful consultant will be expected to work with a committee as the remodelling plans are fully developed.
The scope of works will encompass a schematic design, design development, construction drawings and bid documents, and construction phase services.
Submissions will be judged using the following criteria:
- Consultant’s understanding and technical approach to the project.
- Overall responsiveness of the proposal to the RFP.
- Consultant’s familiarity with the building renovations, zoo operations and environment building design.
- Pertinent experience and qualifications of the project team.
- Cost of the services to be provided. (Cost will not be the primary determining factor but will be a consideration)
There will be an elective building tour on Thursday, June 29th at 10:00am at the Wildwood Zoo.
The deadline for proposals is 2:00 PM on July 12, 2017.