The UK’s Scruffy Dog Creative Group has revamped its production facility in the West Midlands. The £1 million+ ($1.3m) investment includes new state-of-the-art equipment. In addition, the company has welcomed a new production director in the shape of Dylan Lardner-Burke.
As a result of the investment, Scruffy Dog and its clients can now benefit from:
- A brand new Solidworks design suite and two technicians
- The world’s fastest 3 axis CNC
- Upgraded joinery and metalwork areas,
- Upgrades to moulding/GRP (fibreglass) suite and additional investments in GRP machines/PU (polyurethane) coating,
- New 9,000 sq ft (835 sq m) finishing facility with three spray bakes and an onsite storage space with logistics manager
The upgrade to the production facility was made to enable Scruffy Dog to take on more global projects. As well as its its London headquarters, the company also boasts offices in Barcelona and Dubai. A regular collaborator with Merlin Entertainments, over the past year it has completed work on The Walking Dead: The Ride at Thorpe Park, Europa Park’s Eurosat CanCan coaster, plus many other projects.
Meet Scruffy’s new production director
Dylan Lardner-Burke, originally from South Africa, brings significant theme park experience to his new role at Scruffy Dog.
After gaining a degree in Fine Arts & Entertainment Technology, he moved to the Middle East. There he played a key role in the delivery of the major projects in the UAE including Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Atlantis The Palm, and Motiongate and Bollywood Parks Dubai.
Most recently, at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, Larner-Burke was a principle field art director running teams of over 100 to deliver theming to this vast indoor theme park.