Leading AV solutions provider, Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., has launched the only video processor developed to handle 4K at a 60Hz refresh rate on a single channel.
The Christie Spyder X80 promises to be a game-changer in the delivery of spectacular visual experiences.
Interested parties can view the new product at Christie’s #2553 booth during InfoComm 2017 in Orlando, Florida June 14 – 16.
Clark Williams, Executive Vice President, Content Management & Processing at Christie, described this new piece of kit as the most powerful processing machine on the planet:
“The Spyder X80 is high performing, reliable, and the only processor built from the ground up to support 4K at 60Hz on every channel,” he said.
“We’ve introduced the next generation Spyder as the tool trusted by professionals for the most demanding applications, including rental staging and large scale experiences.
“The Christie Spyder X80 is an instrumental piece in realising a ‘pixels everywhere’ vision and stands alone at the forefront as a solution for applications that require managing a massive volume of pixels from source to display with the highest level of performance, flexibility, and functionality available.”
Key features and benefits include:
- Massive display canvas support – A modular configuration supporting up to 24 inputs and 16 outputs, with all connections capable of displaying 4K at 60/50Hz, customers benefit from 4K support for narrow pixel pitch LED, tiled video walls, plus complex, multi-display projection environments
- Card chassis based design allows customers to match input and output needs with room to change and upgrade in the future
- All source content can be displayed freely across multiple types of displays including displays configured in portrait mode with Spyder’s ability to rotate outputs individually
- Single channel 4Ksupport on every channel – Christie Spyder X80 supports 4K at 60Hz at 8/10/12 bit processing on a single cable, plus 4K at 120Hz on dual or quad cables
- Super low latency – Continuing in the Spyder tradition, 80 megapixels and 4K at 60Hz support has super low latency impact
- 24/7 operation– Proprietary hardware processor allows 24/7 operation for the most demanding and critical applications
- Scalable and flexible – With industry leading scaling and format conversion,customers can mix and match multiple SD, HD, 4K, and stereoscopic video formats without compromising the creativity to flexibly arrange and manipulate content while maintaining original picture quality
- Christie Spyder Studio client software (GUI) – Advancing Spyder’s reputation for show control, from simple presets to complex frame accurate timelines, Spyder Studio has the flexibility and functionality required for the most demanding live environment