Merlin Entertainments has unveiled the eight lands that will make up their 150-acre New York Legoland Resort.
100 members of the media and special guests were invited to the unveiling, that featured a lego-brick waterfall and a Lego model of the new park. The model of the park is made of more than 135,000 LEGO bricks and took 20 Master Model Builders more than 1,300 hours to design and build.
LEGOLAND New York’s Public Relations Manager Matt Besterman said: “LEGOLAND New York is coming and it’s time to get excited. This will be the ultimate must-see destination for families in the Northeast.”
“For those who may only be familiar with our indoor LEGOLAND® Discovery Centers, a LEGOLAND Park is on a different scale altogether. This 150-acre theme park is a multi-day experience with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions – all designed for kids ages 2-12 and their families.”
Eight themed lands
The eight lands that will make up the park are:
- The Factory: The beginning of the LEGOLAND New York experience. This land will include the Great LEGO® Adventure! The ride is exclusive to LEGOLAND New York, and will let you feel what it’s like to be a LEGO Minifigure. Riders will travel through the manufacturing process, into a box, and into the hands of a child just waiting to build!
- Bricktopia: A land with no rules, where all bricks are put to work to build anything you can imagine! Guests will work with Master Model Builders to build and test their LEGO creations using devices such as an Earthquake Table. There will also be an ImaginationCelebration ride and Stepping Tones that trigger LEGO instruments.
- LEGO® NINJAGO® World: Where aspiring ninjas can master the ancient art of Spinjitzu. In Training Camp, guests will learn to spin, climb, and become a master of the elements. This area will also feature NINJAGO: The Ride, joining the existing six that have opened around the world.
- Heartlake City: the home of the LEGO Friends. There will be an outdoor stage, and a balloon ride attraction. This land will also serve the iconic LEGOLAND food, Granny’s Apple Fries.
- Knights’ Kingdom: home of the LEGO Castle. This land is where guests will find the Dragon Coaster. It is designed to be just the right size to give kids their first roller coaster experience. For younger children, there will be a Dragon Rider School attraction.
- LEGO® City: Here, guests can learn to be a LEGO City firefighter at Rescue Academy, or, attend LEGO Driving School and get an official LEGOLAND driver’s license. The land will also feature restaurants, shops and a theatre.
- Pirate Shores: This is the place for young buccaneers! There will be a galleon ride, as well as the Rogue Wave Riders where guests can do battle with water spouts and hungry beasts.
- Miniland: The iconic heart of every LEGOLAND Park, Miniland is a miniature village of LEGO built cities from across the country. There will be interactive features around every corner.
“Ultimate family destination”
Head of Public Relations North America for Merlin Entertainments, Julie Estrada, said: “LEGOLAND New York has been in the works for years and we’re excited to bring this unique family theme park to Goshen! Built on a 500-acre site just 60 miles northwest of New York City, LEGOLAND New York Resort is the first major theme park in decades to be built in the northeast – aiming to be the ultimate family destination for visitors from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and beyond.”
Scheduled to open in spring 2020, the Park will be open seasonally from spring to fall.
Image Courtesy Legoland New York