Leading technology company, Guru, is celebrating their busiest year yet. 2018 saw over 100,000 downloads across their partner’s apps.
After years of testing and research, this year also saw the company introduce a new user interface on their apps designed to be easy-to-use with the visitors in mind.
Guru’s works across the digital landscape for attractions including creating apps, augmented reality experiences, audio tours and enhancing the visitor experience with data. The company has grown its partner base as well as adding seven new members to the team.
Earlier this year, Guru’s partners took home Gold and Silver at the W3 Awards. W3 is an organisation that acknowledges digital excellence, from website, to web marketing to social content to apps. The awards are judged by the Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts. This includes executives from Disney, Facebook, Microsoft, Wired, and more.
W3 Awards Gold winners include:
- Museum of Pop Culture Mobile App – Mobile Features, for Best User Experience
- Battleship IOWA Mobile Tour – Educational Mobile Apps
W3 Awards Silver winners include:
- Battleship North Carolina Mobile Tour – Mobile Features, Best Streaming Audio
- Battleship IOWA Mobile Tour – Mobile Features, Best Streaming Audio
- Living Desert Zoo and Garden – Best Use of GPS/Location Technology in Mobile Features and for Mobile Apps Augmented Reality!
- Museum of Man Tour – Best Cultural Site Mobile App