Global developer of record-breaking rides and attractions, Intamin Amusement Rides, has released details of another thrill innovation: the Suspended Twin Hammer.
Branded ‘Doomsday Destroyer’, the looping swing ride has been wowing visitors at Warner Bros Movie World in Australia.
Taking centre stage in the park’s DC Comics Super-Villains Unleashed themed area, the Suspended Twin Hammer features two gondolas designed for 16 passengers each. Guests are suspended in special seats with their feet dangling freely.
Both gondolas are suspended on swivel arms mounted to rotation tracks. The rotation tracks and bearings are located on a common crossbeam. This construction is supported on a central column. Counterweights are located on the other end of the swivel arms.
The ride offers 3 programmable modes of operation:
- Rocking back and forth within a low range
- Rocking back and forth to approximately 150°.
- Swinging up and over and then continuing to loop for the ultimate thrilling experience.
Since 1967, Intamin has broken multiple records with its ground-breaking thrill rides and family attractions. The company currently holds the world record for the fastest roller coaster. Formula Rossa at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi reaches 0-240 km/h in just 4.5 seconds.
- Capacity per gondola: 16 persons
- Capacity per hour: 720 persons
- Total height (gondola in highest position) approx. 21 m
- Diameter of ride circle approx. 21 m
- Required space min: 8.1 m x 14 m
- Speed of rotation max: 10 RPM
‘Doomsday Destoyer’ opened at Warner Bros Movie World in Australia on 24th September 2016.
Image Credits: Intamin Amusement Rides