Leading network connectivity provider, [dofollow_link url=”http://www.blackbox.eu/”]Black Box[/dofollow_link], showcased a host of KVM over IP cutting-edge solutions at IBC 2017 in Amsterdam.
The company’s booth was stacked with everything from high-performance KVM, AV-over-IP and video wall solutions, to network management for live broadcast (both on-air and virtualised playout).
Other innovations included technology designed to improve post-production workflows.
“Broadcast IT professionals want to run a cost-effective and flexible environment which requires virtualised server infrastructures and cloud-type production,” explains John Hickey, Senior Director of R&D and KVM systems at Black Box.
“Managing this, as well as having increased security requirements to prevent illegal copying and fraudulent intrusion into IP infrastructures, pressures them from an operational perspective. Our high-performance KVM solutions, such as InvisaPC and the management platform Boxilla, help customers run effective and efficient operations from the edge of content acquisition all the way to playout.”
Reliable signal distribution and control
Showcased products designed to deliver reliable signal distribution and control for live broadcast included:
- [dofollow_link url=”https://www.blackbox.co.uk/gb-gb/page/29129/Solutions/By-Technology/KVM-Switching-and-Extension/IP-based-KVM-Extension/servswitch-invisapc/”]KVM over IP – InvisaPC™[/dofollow_link]: The only IP-based KVM system that bridges the gap between IP-based KVM extension/switching and access to virtual machines, providing real-time remote access to physical or virtualised CPUs.
- [dofollow_link url=”https://www.blackbox.co.uk/gb-gb/page/37929/Solutions/By-Technology/KVM-Switching-and-Extension/Centralised-KVM-AV-Manager-Boxilla/”]Centralised KVM / AV manager -Boxilla[/dofollow_link]: The company’s centralised KVM and AV management platform was featured with its first integration, InvisaPC. It enables users to centrally manage access rights, configure endpoints, assign bandwidth to devices and monitor network activity, all through a secure LAN or even the internet.
- [dofollow_link url=”https://www.blackbox.co.uk/gb-gb/page/33770/Solutions/By-Technology/KVM-Switching-and-Extension/Complete-Multisystem-and-Room-Control”]Room Control System – ControlBridge™[/dofollow_link]: This touchscreen-control enabled system offers customised user interfaces for controlling multiple KVM systems and room automation systems in control rooms.
- [dofollow_link url=”https://www.blackbox.co.uk/gb-gb/page/38278/Solutions/By-Application/Video-Walls/Video-Wall-Processor-Radian/”]Video Wall Processor – Radian™[/dofollow_link]: This modular video wall processor facilitates the design of multi-display canvasses of any size or geometry for broadcast control rooms, and includes support for all common video interfaces, IP-based video transmission and multiple video walls.
Products developed to improve production workflow included:
- [dofollow_link url=”https://www.blackbox.co.uk/gb-gb/page/22976/Resources/Technical-Resources/Tools-and-Configurators/dkm-fx-configurator”]4K60 DKM Modular Matrix Switching[/dofollow_link]: This high-performance KVM matrix switch connects hundreds of workstations and servers and provides real-time access to up to 4K60 video, audio and peripheral signals – an ideal connectivity solution for high-performance broadcast applications such as colour grading, video editing and audio production.