The TIDE conference ahead of Infocomm 2017 promises to deliver a new perspective on the role AV plays in crafting stories.
Aimed at design professionals, enterprise technology customers, and AV service providers, TIDE boasts a stellar line-up of visionary storytellers from Pixar, Hamilton, NASA, Stanford University and more.
Confirmed speakers include Pixar’s Matthew Luhn, virtual-reality pioneer, Nonny de la Peña, and Tony Award-nominated Sound Designer, Nevin Steinberg.
“Sound design is really about storytelling and attention to detail,” explained Steinberg.
“Our ears connect directly to emotional centres, mood centres, and even centres of peace and quiet. It’s a big part of my job to manage an audience’s expectations and help communicate the way a story gets told through this sensitive human network in the theatre. Continuing to exploit advances in audio technology and synchronisation while maintaining a direct connection between performers and patrons – that keeps me challenged and excited.”
According to Infocomm, the event will examine the strategic impact of audiovisual technology. This will include an exploration of the role AV plays in crafting stories and how the AV industry can harness the power of storytelling to meet business objectives.
The current line-up of TIDE presenters includes (in alphabetical order):
- Jake Barton, Founder and CEO of Local Projects and Creative Director for interactive exhibits at the 9/11 Memorial Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and more
- Jason Crusan, Director of Advanced Exploration Systems at NASA
- Healey Cypher, CEO and Co-Founder of Oak Labs
- Nonny de la Peña, CEO of Emblematic Group and Virtual Reality Pioneer
- Cedric Gamelin, Senior Director of Emblematic Group
- Eric Grossman, Chief Operating Officer of TAIT
- Gabe Kean, Founder and Creative Director of Belle & Wissell, Co.
- Matthew Luhn, Pixar Animation Studios
- Jens Oliver Mayer, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Germany, for Jack Morton Worldwide
- Barry Ross Rinehart, Creative Executive Director of MIG
- Alexandre Simionescu, Co-Founder and Creative Director of Float4
- Robert Smith, Director of Classroom Innovation at Stanford University
- Nevin Steinberg, Sound Designer for Hamilton
- Jonathan Yomayuza, VR Technical Director of Emblematic Group
“The response we’ve gotten from visionary storytellers who want to be part of TIDE has been incredible,” added Rachel Bradshaw, Director of Expositions Content for InfoComm International®. “We’re proud to be bringing a fresh look at audiovisual experiences to the InfoComm show, reflecting the many exciting ways our industry continues to evolve.”
The TIDE conference takes place on Tuesday, 13th June, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Orlando, opposite the Orange County Convention Centre.