Semnox Parafait cashless debit card system proved to be a huge success at Festember 2014.
Festember is a National level inter-college cultural, literary and arts extravaganza organized by the prestigious National Institute of Technology, Trichy, which is a 4 Day event.
Semnox Solutions, to provided their Parafait cashless debit card system for the food outlets at the event venue:
- Outdoor Food Kiosks: 17 Food kiosks comprise of food chains like Coke, Café Coffee Day, Subway and leading restaurants of Tamil Nadu. All the vendor details are entered and stored in the Semnox System.
- Festember Cashless Card: Cashless cards were distributed to over 4000 guests, basic details of the guests are captured and cash value is stored in the card for buying food items. More than 15, 000 food transactions were handled using the Festember cashless card.
- Reports: Food vendor level, Food kiosk level report, Food item level report, cashless card usage reports, total revenue are generated by the system and automatically emailed to organizers at the end of day. This has proved to be handy for the organizers to check the status on a daily basis for all the 4 days of the event. Reports are used for account settlement with all the vendors.
- Technology: RFID Based Mifare card is used for cashless card and Microsoft SQL Server database is used.
- IT Infrastructure: NIT and Semnox engineers jointly setup the IT infrastructure for the event. Infrastructure includes LAN, PC, Server and Semnox software.
Members of the Event Organizing Committee were full of praises for Semnox: "As far as the positives go, the list is nearly endless. The database was complete with every item on every menu with the perfect pricing. The interface was elegant and comprehensive. The software professionals from Semnox took great care to explain the system to us in detail, which then helped us educate the features of the software to every shopkeeper in every food stall. The controls were simple and structured, with features to keep track of every transaction in each stall, as well as the transactions on each card. When in doubt, the server stall was always present to help with multiple facts, right from verification of transactions and balance enquiry to blocking of lost cards. The shopkeepers could verify their sales and amounts at any point of time, and the database had a very clean record of all the activities happening at the food stalls, which, as compared to erstwhile food coupons was a magnificent feat in Festember history.
"Your software has ensured that we don’t lose money on duplicated Food Card Coupons. The Core committee members are looking forward to do more business with your organization in the near future."
Commenting on the project, Shreyas Rai, Sales and Marketing Manager, Semnox Solutions said, “Parafait was able to quickly adapt and meet the unique requirements of this event. Parafait is a very powerful and user friendly management system that can handle single or multiple events. Our capabilities to incorporate the latest technologies into our products and provide cost effective solutions is making it easier for many event organizers to switch from their legacy or manual systems to the Parafait Cashless Debit Card System.”
Semnox is proud of its association with Festember and would like to congratulate the Organizing Committee on the successful completion of the Event.
Please visit www.semnox.com for more details.