Picsolve, the leading image capture partner for the leisure and entertainment industry, has released a new report exploring trends in the Attractions and Theme Park industry in the UAE.
Picsolve was recently named as the image capture partner for Dubai Parks and Resorts, the mega project set to open in October 2016. Picsolve’s Dubai office supports the growth in this market together with a recruitment drive for over 300 new staff across retail operations, customer service, tech support, procurement and finance.
The report – UAE’s Attraction and Theme Park Industry – draws on research carried out by Norstat in March 2015 interviewing 100 UAE citizens who had visited a theme park in the UAE in the last year.
Key findings in the report include:
- Average spend for a day out is 200-299 AED with 44% of value conscious guests said they would be more likely to visit an attraction if an inclusive ticket (entry, food, drinks and a selection of images) was on offer.
- There remains a strong demand for print photography photo books and merchandise but guests are keen to adopt digital downloads if available immediately to mobile devices.
- Over 62% of 18-25 year olds cite IPs as an influential factor when deciding which park to visit and 55% of all people surveyed would be more like to visit a theme park if it was dedicated to a recognisable character.
- 62% think that wifi would improve their day out, 50% of guests are likely to share photos online and 60% of the UAE population engage with social media.
- Locals perceive that the heat, rides queues and prices would be the biggest frustrations for tourists.
- A third of all guests want wearable technology incorporating ride time displays and payments. Fast passes on all rides was a popular option for younger guests.
Vinit Shah, Chief Destination Management Officer, Dubai Parks and Resorts, said, “The digital revolution has transformed our sector, and guests expect to see a greater integration of mobile technology and social media. From sharing fun moments with friends and family on social media, managing itineraries or checking queuing times at popular attractions, digital technology offers incredible potential to enhance Dubai Parks and Resorts and create quicker, easier access to unforgettable experiences.”
To download the full report click here.