IAAPA, the global association for the attractions industry, has been celebrating industry leaders through this year’s IAAPA Awards programme.
IAAPA is pleased to announce the winners of the 2020 IAAPA Awards programme, which honours inspiring people from across the industry. While this year’s IAAPA Expo is not taking place in Orlando, the association is still keen to highlight the important work done by this year’s winners and will celebrate them at next week’s IAAPA Expo: Virtual Education Conference.
IAAPA Awards 2020
Each year, the IAAPA Service Awards recognises individuals who have made a significant contribution to IAAPA and the global attractions industry. This years winners are:
- IAAPA Meritorious Service Award – Corrine Brindley, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment, San Diego, California, USA
- IAAPA Outstanding Service Award – Andreas Andersen, Liseberg, Gothenburg, Sweden
- IAAPA Lifetime Service Award – David Bromilow, Mobaro, London, United Kingdom
The IAAPA Young Professional of the Year Award celebrates members under 35 who show a dedication to the industry through their leadership, teamwork, and integrity. This year’s winner is:
- IAAPA Young Professional of the Year 2020 – Charles Coyle, Tayto Park, Kilbrew, Ireland
The IAAPA Hall of Fame Awards honour legends and pioneers from across the industry. Inductees have made significant and lasting contributions throughout their career, and the award is the highest and most prestigious honour in the industry. This year IAAPA has inducted three individuals into the Hall of Fame:
- Tony Baxter, Walt Disney Imagineering, Anaheim, California, USA
- Greg Hale, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA
- Mats Wedin, Liseberg, Gothenburg, Sweden
The awards presentations and acceptance speeches will be shown on Tuesday 17 November as part of the IAAPA Expo: Virtual Education Conference. The association recently released more information on the line up for the event, which takes place from 16 – 18 November. Registration is still open here.
Earlier this year, IAAPA also announced that it will be hosting an EMEA Trade Summit at Europa-Park from 2 – 4 February 2021.