The London Eye celebrates its 20th birthday in March, and will be transforming its pods into immersive experiences for the ‘ultimate party’. Visitors will get to ride in a garden, pub, and Buckingham Palace.
The attraction is giving visitors the opportunity to ride in 20 uniquely themed pods from March 6 to March 9, 2020.
Some of the pods will be decorated to reflect London’s offerings, while others will host one-off experiences celebrating culture, arts and entertainment in London.
In one pod, guests can take a selfie with the Queen Elizabeth figure from Madame Tussauds while sitting on a royal throne with the backdrop of Buckingham Palace.
Enjoy a beverage in The King Vic
In another, guests can immerse themselves in flowers in a pod inspired by London’s Royal Parks, while a third will offer performances of songs from the West End, and a fourth will become the world’s first elevated British pub.
Additional experiences include a spinning class with Boom Cycle Waterloo, music sessions with artists from Busk London, a silent disco in the sky, and stories for kids with Hamleys.
More experiences in the London Eye’s pods:
- Enjoy a glass of Pommery champagne and canapés
- Taste craft beers with Five Points Brewing Company
- Music, giant party poppers and balloons in the birthday pod
- Mixologist brothers create cocktails for guests
- Express yoga session with Tri-Yoga
- Listen to a quartet from the London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Sweet treats for visitors with a sweet tooth
- Tea for two thanks to Lyaness at Sea Containers London and Beefeater Gin
- Celebrate equality in a pod in honour of London’s Pride community
- Get pampered with Blow Ltd
- The ultimate birthday party for kids with balloons and face painting
- The 20th pod is encased in an original design by street artist Ben Eine
Take a selfie with Queen Elizabeth
All proceeds from the London Eye’s birthday will be donated to Merlin’s Magic Wand, a children’s charity that makes Merlin Entertainments attractions accessible to children facing serious illness, disability or adversity.
For more information and to buy tickets, click here.