Reed MIDEM, the organiser of MAPIC, has announced a wide range of international retail real estate leaders who will be speaking at MAPIC Digital.
MAPIC Digital, the new online platform for clients of MAPIC and LeisurUp, is now available, featuring exclusive pre-recorded sessions ahead of the virtual conference on 17 – 18 November. This follows the decision by organiser Reed MIDEM to provide a fully-virtual event this year, in the wake of COVID-19.
The agenda for the digital event features a line up of expert speakers from the world of retail and real estate, sharing insights into the future of the industry. This year’s MAPIC event comes as the transformation of the retail sector is accelerating, as it adapts to the challenges presented by the pandemic.
The schedule features leading voices from the international retail and leisure real estate industry and will explore topics such as collaborative retail, new consumer habits, leisure, restaurants, and the changing urban and retail landscape.
Here is a selection of some of the CEOs and senior executives who will be attending MAPIC Digital:
- Fabrice Bansay, CEO, Apsys (France)
- Nick Brady, Group MD, Leasing, McArthurGlen (UK)
- Joanna Fisher, MD Center Management & newly-appointed CEO Marketplaces, ECE
- Antoine Frey, CEO, Frey (France)
- Sébastien Vanhoove, Chief Operating Officer, Carmila (France)
- Roberto Zoia, President, CNCC Italy (Italy)
- Joao Cepeda, President & Creative Director, Time Out Market (Portugal)
- Lorraine Dieulot, Director of Real Estate & Lifestyle, Saguez & Partners (France)
- Enrique Martinez, Managing Director, Fnac Darty (France)
- David Parry, Global Real Estate Director, The Body Shop (UK)
- Winston Fisher, CEO, Area15 (USA)
- Pablo Moragrega, General Manager, Parque Warner Madrid (Spain)
- Ian Sandford, Director, Eurofund Group (Spain)
- Teri Schindler, Co-founder & CEO, Harves (USA)
Real estate consultant/investor
- Matthijs Storm, CEO, Wereldhave (The Netherlands)
- Matthew Thompson, Head of Retail Strategy, Colliers International (UK)
- Nicky Wightman, Director Emerging Trends, Savills (UK)
“Retail is a major pillar of urban development. Lifestyles have radically changed in recent years and retail too must adapt to new urban patterns that mix together work, life, leisure, and commercial spaces,” says Nathalie Depetro, MAPIC’s director.
“Brick-and-mortar shopping is becoming an experience, an entertainment. It is not selling a product, it is selling an experience, an identity to a community, a sense of belonging and social connection. Like the industry, MAPIC has become omnichannel to continue accompanying the industry’s professionals as they face this challenge.”
For more information and to access the full programme, please click here.
The MAPIC Digital platform will give access to live conference sessions on 17 and 18 November 2020 and recorded sessions from 2 November, as well as networking tools and exclusive content.