AREA15, an experiential art and entertainment complex heading to Las Vegas, has unveiled its opening date of September 17, 2020.
September 17 will be the initial phase of opening, with further experiences planned throughout fall, and Meow Wolf’s Omega Mart set to debut in early 2021.
Located in the heart of Las Vegas, AREA15 will boast immersive activations, art installations, events, extraordinary design, state-of-the-art technology, retail and F&B.
Everything opening at AREA15 on September 17
- Art Island – the first ever permanent gallery to exhibit large-scale, commercially available artwork inspired by festivals.
- Birdly Virtual Reality Experience – a VR experience inspired by birds, with guests taking a trip through the skies of New York and Singapore.
- Emack & Bolios – F&B outlet serving ice cream, yogurt, homemade fudge and chocolate, and micro-brewed sodas.
- Gallerie 360 Inside The Portal – an immersive audio and visual experience within AREA15’s 360-degree projection mapped room.
- Haley’s Comet – the first indoor, electric dual-track suspension ride in the US.
- Oddwood – F&B outlet serving premium beers and cocktails, featuring an ever-changing Japanese maple tree, and a dramatic canopy with more than 5,000 LED lights.
- Sanctuary by Ibuku Design Studio – a tranquil place to gather and rest, made from bamboo and featuring lush plant life.
- Shogyo Mujo by Bart Kresa Studio and Joshua Harker – an interactive giant skull covered in 3D projection mapping and synched to music.
- The Beast Pop-up Food Experience – an outdoor dining experience where guests can eat and drink under the desert stars.
- The SPINE – an ever-changing corridor filled with art installations, brand activations, and F&B.
- Valyrian Steel by Henry Chang Design – a kinetic art car that’s part Mad Max, part Mars Rover.
- Wild Muse Boutique – a unique retail bazaar selling handcrafted, sustainable merchandise.
View this post on Instagram
We announced our opening date this morning in true AREA15 style: an art car caravan through the streets of Las Vegas led by local artist, @HenryChangDesign. Did you catch us on the road? Tag the friend you’re bringing with you to see and experience what’s in store. #ItBegins 📸: @LV_DP
“We set out to design something that has never been built before: a vast bunker to house the burgeoning experience economy,” said Michael Beneville, chief creative officer at AREA15.
“By creating and curating best-in-class experiences and partnering with immersive artists and makers at the vanguard of this movement, we have witnessed our vision come to life.
“This project embodies unbound innovation and creativity, and this opening will be the first step towards something truly magical. Come curious and leave different!”
As well as Meow Wolf’s Omega Mart, more experiences are incoming, including Wink World, Lost Spirits Distillery, Dueling Axes, and The Beast Food Hall by Todd English.
Leave before behind.
AREA15 is opening in Las Vegas on September 17. #ItBegins
— AREA15 (@AREA15official) September 1, 2020
In response to COVID-19, AREA15 will use cutting-edge technology to implement safety procedures, such as an AI-driven thermal scanning platform.
AREA15 is free to enter, and guests can register here for available time slots on the opening weekend of September 17, 18, 19 and 20.
Visitors will be required to register in advance and wear face coverings.