Compagnie des Alpes has revealed more about its future plans and investments in leisure destinations.
In a financial announcement detailing the first half of 2018/2019 sales, the company also states that it’s investing in Parc Astérix, Futuroscope, Walibi, and more.
Last month, CDA announced the acquisition of Familypark, the leading Austrian theme park. The company closed the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Familypark.
On its focus on leisure destinations, the group has set an annual target of an EBITDA to sales margin of 27-28 percent, excluding Futuroscope.
TravelFactory and Travelski
CDA has also successfully integrated TravelFactory, an online travel agency. The volume of business developed by TravelFactory increased over the first half of the year, and CDA has continued to expand its activities internationally.
After successfully launching its Travelski site in Belgium, the group is preparing to enter the UK and Dutch markets.
Consulting and assistance business
Sales in the group’s consulting and assistance business slowed due to the completion of the project management assistance contract related to the renovation project at the Jardin d’Acclimatation, which ran until the site reopened in June 2018.
CDA has confirmed that it continues to collaborate on this site with LVMH via a management assistance contract and a marketing contract. Other revenue from the consulting and assistance business mainly concerns contracts signed during the first quarter, particularly in China.
Ambitious investment plan to support growth
An ambitious investment plan has been approved to support this growth, increase the capacity of the facilities, and offer visitors an improved experience.
CDA’s main investments:
- Parc Astérix‘s hotel capacity has been increased by 50% (300 rooms compared to 200 for the 2018 season). The attraction has also collaborated with CL Corp and D-BOX on Attention Menhir!, a 4D film using dynamic seating and special effects.
- Futuropolis, a city of the future imagined for and by children, has opened at Futuroscope. The mini city allows children to play out their grown-up dreams, and features its own water park and floating trampolines.
- Walibi Rhône Alpes has a new food court and two new attractions – roller coaster ‘Mystic’ (575 metres long, vertical drop of 31 meters), and family-friendly attraction, ‘Les P’tits Chaudrons’.
- Walibi Belgium is opening two new areas – ‘Karma World’, which focuses on Indian culture, with a new interactive, indoor attraction, ‘Popcorn Revenge’, and ‘Fun World’, with a family-friendly roller coaster.
- Also in Belgium, Bellewaerde plans to open an indoor water park operating on a standalone basis, but benefiting from synergies with the existing park.
- On July 1, Walibi Holland will open a new hybrid coaster (wood and metal) called ‘Untamed’ – part of a more global renovation of the Sherwood Forest-themed area.
In December, Compagnie des Alpes announced progress on plans to build and operate a snow dome in the Shanghai region with Fosun.
Compagnie des Alpes first announced their intention to expand into China in 2016, particularly with the 2022 Winter Olympics being held in the country.