Oakwood Theme Park guests get 60 per cent more ‘Magic Memories’
Magic Memories, the global guest photography provider, has installed a new ride photo system for Oakwood Theme Park in Wales.
Already well known for photography provision at tourist attractions worldwide, Magic Memories’ partnership with Oakwood is the first for the company in Europe, and has already delivered “significant initial results”.
Oakwood’s General Manager, Dominic Jones, said, “The entire infrastructure and all the ride photo stations have been completely redesigned by Magic Memories. The finished product has been dramatically improved and our customers are showing their appreciation with average spends up over 60 per cent in June 2013 compared to the same period last year.
“It has been a pleasure to work with a team of people so passionate about results with an outstanding eye for detail. We have experienced some great new innovations and it’s very comforting to know we have an onsite technician here each day, who just loves rolling up his sleeves and mucking in.”
Magic Memories’ “unrivalled products for its partners worldwide” have been created by integrating a proven and well tested platform from Jackson Digital Imaging (the US-based theme park imaging specialist acquired by Magic Memories in 2011) with Magic Memories’ DNA – designing everything from the guest’s perspective.
Magic Memories have signed a four year development plan with Oakwood. The ride photo system work completed for the 2013 season included:
- Re-design and re-fit of all the ride photo outlets at Oakwood to give the guest what Magic Memories European Operations Director Paul Hammond refers to as “a far bigger welcome.”
- Two brand new ride photo opportunities created, on the Treetops children’s coaster and Log Flume rides, and the best-in-market camera technology was utilised to ensure pin sharp photography.
- Specific camera angles introduced to allow the capture of the same ride vehicle several times, crucially enabling guests to choose a particular image or to crop images so that they don’t include ‘unknown’ fellow riders.
- All five attractions now operating the Magic Memories ride photo system feature a kiosk incorporating the individual ride’s branding, theming and graphics, all designed by the company and installed by its own team.
- Queue line video in each attraction added to entertain guests while they wait in line, helping to engage them about the photography offer as well as other park-wide offers.
Hammond said, “We are delighted with the end result. We’ve installed high quality cameras, used on challenging angles, with the finished result being very impressive. And the customer has the ability to choose what the composition of the photo is, no matter how large or small the group – that is a clever innovation and one the Oakwood visitors are obviously agreeing with.”
Image: Guests make their choice of photograph in the ride photo kiosk on Oakwood’s Megafobia wooden roller coaster.