Liseberg theme park in Sweden has unveiled plans for Projekt Helix, a €22 million new roller coaster set to open in spring 2014.
Andreas Andersen, president and CEO of Liseberg, says, “It has extra of everything! The ambition is to build a ride which is two minutes of pure fun. When we built Balder, we built the world’s best wooden roller coaster, so we have a high standard to live up to.”
Projekt Helix will have a track of 1.4 km (4500 feet) with a ride time of almost 2 minutes and speed of up to 100 km/h (62 mph). The Mack Rides manufactured ride will include six inversions, four airtime hills and will be the first multi-launch coaster in Europe with two launches using Linear Synchronous Motors.
“With Mack Rides’s Blue Fire technology we can offer a ride that has comfort, smoothness and freedom. You can do almost anything with the track system and we have tried to use that advantage to the limit, ” says Andersen.
- Investment: 200 million SEK (€ 23 million)
- Total length: app. 1 355 m (4 445 feet)
- Max velocity: 100 km/h (62 mph)
- Max height: 41 m (135 feet)
- Max acceleration: 4, 2 g
- Total ride cycle time: 110 seconds
- Capacity: app. 1 310 passengers per hour
- website: www.projekthelix.se.