IAAPA, the global association for the attractions industry, is getting ready for IAAPA Expo 2021, which takes place from 10 -13 August in Shanghai, China. This will be a chance for attendees to meet, network, learn and share insights, as well as enjoying a trade show floor and special events.
This year sees the first-ever full-day IAAPA Expo Asia 2021: Insights event, on 10 August at the Shendi Center in Shanghai. As part of this event, international speakers from a wide range of sectors, such as theme parks, family entertainment centres, indoor ski parks, shows, and more, will share their experiences, stories of recovery, and ideas for the future of the industry.
IAAPA Expo Asia 2021: Insights
Featured speakers at the Insights Day include:
- Joe Schott, President and General Manager, Shanghai Disney Resort
- Luke Riley, Chief Commercial Officer, Village Roadshow, IAAPA Board Member, Chairman of IAAPA Asia Pacific Advisory
- Mars Hou, Vice President of Tencent Games, General Manager of Tencent Esports
- Anne Zhao, Vice Chair, Chief Government Officer of Puy du Fou Asia
- Wang Wei, Vice President and General Manager of Operations Center, Sunac Culture and Tourism Group
- Andrew Kam, President, China Cultural Tourism Group
- Owen Zhao, President, TEA Asia Pacific Division Board
- William Liu, Director/President, Greater China, Sanderson Group
- Leo Liu, Founder and Chairman, Beijing TripVivid Group (Moderator)
- Zhang Qi, Regional General Manager, Midway China, Merlin Entertainments
- Daisy Wang, Chairman, Hainan Carnival Entertainment
- Xu Jing, Co-Founder, NEOBIO
- Linda Dong, President, China Leisure Development (Moderator)
Registration for this event is open here and includes admission to all keynotes and discussion, as well as a networking lunch and park admission and dinner at Shanghai Disneyland.
Celebrating the return of IAAPA Expo Asia
The Opening Ceremony will take place on the trade show floor on 11 August at 9.30 am, celebrating the return to in-person events. There will be live entertainment, updates from the region and a look ahead at the future. There is no additional cost to attend this event.
There will also be an opening reception on the evening of 11 August, at The BREW, in the Kerry Hotel Pudong, where ticket-holders can enjoy locally brewed craft beer, food and live music. Following the close of IAAPA Expo Asia 2021, there will also be a two-day post-tour to Beijing, from 14 – 15 August, showcasing world-class attractions in the city. For more information, please click here.
Earlier this month, IAAPA joined a group of 24 national travel and tourism trade associations in the US in calling for COVID-related travel restrictions to be eased.