Europa-Park has revealed the opening date, as well as new images and information, of its new water world, Rulantica – the biggest project in the company’s history.
Combining Scandinavian style and Nordic landscapes, the giant 450,000 sqm attraction boasts nine different settings and 25 exciting water attractions – including 17 water slides from ProSlide.
Rulantica, opening on November 28, 2019, also features two self-service restaurants, eight exclusive Cabanas with catering service, and two swim-up bars.
The elaborate and unique Nordic-themed world has nine settings, as follows:
- Gigantic glacier cave
- Sea snake ‘Svalgur’, made of ice
- Exciting slides, including ‘Tornado Wave’
- Large water playground for young guests
- Flat pools, age-appropriate slides
- Climbing and play areas
- City on stilts of Rulantica’s indigenous people
- Action-packed slides
- Eight exclusive cabanas
- Cabana Bar – ‘Skål Bar’
- Snack restaurant – ‘Snekkjas’
- Wild river in the outdoor area of ‘Rulantica’
- Large outdoor pool
- Swim-up bar ‘Tempel Bar‘
- Indoor lazy river through the water world
- Activity pool
- Huge adventure playground with sailing ship, steamer, slides and climbing opportunities
- Relaxation oasis with bubble loungers
- Swim-up bar – ‘Skog Bar’
- Colourful grotto and waterfall
- Wave pool
- Self-service restaurant – ‘Lumålunda’
The new development will also host the sixth Europa-Park themed hotel. The 4-star Krønasår will be able to accommodate 1300 guests in 304 themed rooms and suites.
Chris Lange, creative director of Mack Solutions, spoke at Blooloop’s recent attractionsTECH conference at the ISE Show in Amsterdam,discussing the challenging technical aspects of the project.
Mack Solutions is the in-house creative and design department of Europa Park, one of the world’s leading theme parks, with well over 5 million annual visitors.