River Safari Singapore Zoo
- River Safari, the newest addition to Wildlife Reserves Singapore’s portfolio of award-winning parks, is Asia’s first and only river-themed wildlife park.
- Occupying 12 hectares and developed at S$160 million, the park is home to 400 plant species and over 7,500 aquatic and terrestrial animals representing close to 240 species, including one of the world’s largest collections of freshwater animals.
- Pico were appointed as the design and build contractor for all themed environments at River Safari, including animal exhibits, guest accessible areas, restaurants and shops.
- Our challenge was to design and deliver the world’s most unique and immersive collection of freshwater environments in the hot and humid Singapore climate.
- The Guest’s journey through River Safari sees them embark through an immersive multimedia tunnel that describes the fragile freshwater ecosystems that exist on our planet today.
- The design solution that evolved for each distinct zone was based on positioning the Guest viewpoint in a unique and untraditional manner to create the “wow factor”.
- Pico paid close attention to the finer details of each environment including paving finishes, architectural elements, traditional signage and authentic materials and textures.
- These traditional elements were presented along with the featured flor and fauna to create a truly spectacular themed environment in each distinct zone.
- The collection of unique freshwater exhibits inspired from five continents, designed and built by Pico, delights visitors of all ages and positions the audience in a way they can truly appreciate the wonder of our planets natural environments.
- The journey takes Guests through the unique environments of the Mississippi, Nile, Yangtze, Murray and Amazon river systems. Each environment required detailed research, planning and design documentation prior to Pico constructing the themed environments.
Companies featured in this post