New product offers Ethernet control, increased scripting capability, and many more functions.
Alcorn McBride has introduced the V16 Pro, a versatile, frame-accurate show controller for both serial and network devices. The V16 Pro combines the stability and reliability needed by show professionals with unparalleled connectivity. With 16 serial ports, 16 inputs, 16 outputs, MIDI port and a dual Ethernet interface, the V16 Pro can “talk” to virtually any piece of equipment and can be monitored and programmed from anywhere in the world.
“The V16 Pro was developed to address the needs of customers who wanted ethernet control but who didn’t want to trust their show to a computer, ” said Steve Alcorn, Alcorn McBride President. “This product eliminates the insecurity that comes with computer control — there’s no instability or crashing, no vulnerability to viruses, and no moving parts to wear out. It allows attraction designers and operators to concentrate on the show instead of the hardware.”
Leveraging the functionality of the industry-standard Alcorn McBride V16+ show controller, which is in use in most theme parks worldwide, the V16 Pro provides many enhanced functions and operation for advanced show control requirements.
A few updates include:
• A large front panel knob that allows easy selection of IP address, timecode operation and monitoring functions (all settings can be password protected);
• A larger display providing 8 lines by 42 characters reveals more at-a-glance information;
• Compact Flash storage of show control scripts, permitting much more storage than the V16+;
• Dual Ethernet ports, allowing connection to both local and remote equipment;
• Software configurable serial ports allowing either RS-232 or RS-422/485 communication;
• Linear timecode in and out, supporting all standard rates of SMPTE and EBU;
• Composite and black burst video sync at PAL or NTSC rates;
• A real time clock which accurately keeps track of date and time of day even when power is off. For increased accuracy, the time may be synchronized to an Internet time server via NTP; and
• Enhanced scripting functions, more sophisticated protocol functions, built-in Ethernet protocols, and new variable types for customizing show scripts.
“When professionals look at Alcorn McBride’s show control products, it is immediately apparent that our products are not developed by software guys who normally do other things for a living, ” said Alcorn. “Our engineers are intimately familiar with the themed entertainment industry and understand the need for stable, reliable products. Some of our show controllers have been operating continuously for fifteen years without a reboot or power cycle. From our small kiosk sized controllers to the new V16 Pro, we can provide a controller suited to just about any application.”
About Alcorn McBride:
Founded in 1986, Alcorn McBride is the leading manufacturer of show control, audio and video equipment for the themed entertainment industry, and a rapidly growing provider of audio and video systems for retail environments and transportation applications. Staffed by some of the industry’s best engineers and backed by outstanding customer support, the company has demonstrated great agility in bringing new designs to market. A hallmark of Alcorn McBride products is their durable, zero maintenance design. The company’s products provide consistent, reliable operation for audio and video playback applications worldwide. For more information, visit alcorn.com.
The Sights & Sounds Behind the ScenesTM
Company contact: PR Contact:
David Geoghegan, Director of Sales Elaine Jones
Alcorn McBride, Inc. Elaine Jones Associates
(407) 296-5800 (801) 883-0388