Disneyland Paris is launching an unprecedented iPhone application, a first for Disney Theme Parks. Designed as a truly interactive guide, it will help the many visitors to Europe’s leading tourist destination enjoy greater comfort when preparing their visit, and when experiencing it too.
Available free of charge1 on all iPhone models, the Disneyland Paris iPhone application provides a host of ways for guests to customise their visit, optimising the time spent at the destination. Interactivity and real-time information take centre stage to ensure a successful stay.
Prior to their visit, visitors may:
- Get information about the destination (descriptions of the Disney Parks and Hotels) and check opening hours for the parks, attractions, shows, parades, restaurants, shops and services
- Find out the various admission rates to the parks and about special offers, with the possibility of directly contacting our central reservation office to make a booking
- Customise their experience with recommended itineraries according to what they are seeking (thrills or family adventure), and with lots of advice to help get organised once on site
- Watch videos of the latest attractions at the parks
Once on site, using geolocation, visitors may:
- Look up the expected waiting time2 at attractions in real time
- Organise their schedule by setting alarms that will issue reminders of the times of the shows they want to see
- Get their bearings effortlessly using the interactive map which displays all the points of interest, shows, parades, restaurants, shops and services that are nearby.
- Look up useful, fun and entertaining information, including anecdotes about the attractions, provided via augmented reality. Indicated by the 3D symbol (on iPhone 3GS and 4), it shows the parks through the iPhone camera, positioning the points of interest in real-time.
- Find an attraction according to type (thrills, for young children, etc) or a restaurant according to price or category, using the search engine indicated by a magnifying glass on the interactive map.
“Following on from dynamic information panels, Bluetooth and Flashcode, the Disneyland Paris iPhone application fits perfectly into our innovation-focused culture, which aims at providing our guests with the very latest in information-on-demand technology, so as to ensure they enjoy optimal quality of service, ” says Nicolas Gougenheim, Operations Optimization Director at Disneyland Paris.
1 Excluding Internet connection charges. This application requires high volume transfers of data. Consult the rates and fees of your operator
2 The estimated wait times are given for your information only and do not represent a commitment by Disneyland Paris
About Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris is Europe’s leading tourist destination, with more than 215 million visits since its opening in 1992, and 14, 500 Cast Members working onsite (including 9, 150 permanent positions). Its employees perform more than 500 different role positions and professions, represent more than 100 nationalities and speak 19 languages. Disneyland Paris is the number one private employer of its home region (Seine-et-Marne) and the number one single-site employer in the Paris region (Ile-de-France). In addition to its direct jobs, Disneyland Paris has a significant economic impact with its activity generating 56, 000 direct and indirect jobs in France.