To celebrate the re-opening of the Ngong Ping Cable Car service, Ocean Park and Ngong Ping 360 will roll out a joint promotion between 31 December 2007 and 31 March 2008 (but excluding 7-12 February 2008). During this period, Ngong Ping visitors can, upon presentation of their Ngong Ping 360 tickets at Ocean Park’s Ticketing Offices, buy Ocean Park day tickets at a 10 percent discount. Similarly, Ocean Park guests and SmartFun members can present their Park tickets, or SmartFun cards, at Ngong Ping 360’s Ticketing Offices to enjoy a 10 percent discount on cable car tickets and/or attraction packages.
Tickets purchased during the promotion period ending on 31 March 2008 may be used for redemption until 30 April 2008 at both attractions, which gives guests 30 extra days to enjoy the 10 percent discount.
Ocean Park’s Executive Director of Sales and Marketing, Paul Pei, said, “We are very excited that Ngong Ping Cable Car is back on the tourist scene again as a key attraction in Hong Kong. To celebrate this happy occasion, and in the full spirit of promoting Hong Kong’s tourism industry, we are really pleased to be working with Ngong Ping 360 on this initiative that will benefit both our guests. ”
Ngong Ping 360’s Head of Commercial and Business Development, Wilson Shao, said, “We are delighted to join hands with Ocean Park to offer our guests a great opportunity to enjoy two unique Hong Kong experiences. Ngong Ping 360 puts visitors in touch with the blue and green of Hong Kong’s natural landscape while as one of our city’s most popular tourist destinations, Ocean Park takes visitors on a discovery of sea and animal life, mixed with plenty of fun and adventure.”
During the promotional period, Ngong Ping guests can present their Ngong Ping 360 cable car or attraction package tickets at the Ocean Park Ticketing Office at the Main Entrance or Tai Shue Wan to enjoy the following:
1. For each Ngong Ping 360 ticket presented, guests will receive 10 percent discount on one Ocean Park ticket.
2. Guests will also receive one 10 percent discount coupon to be used at any Ocean Park retail shops, and one $5 skill games voucher.
Ocean Park will retain or mark the Ngong Ping 360 tickets once the 10 percent discount offer has been redeemed.
Similarly, Ocean Park guests can present their Ocean Park admission tickets or SmartFun cards at the Ngong Ping 360 Ticketing Offices at Tung Chung and Ngong Ping Terminals to enjoy the following:
1. For each Ocean Park ticket or SmartFun card presented, guests will enjoy 10 percent discount on one Ngong Ping 360 cable car or attraction package. (Please refer to the attached Backgrounder for details.)
2. Between 31 December 2007 and 29 February 2008, guests will also be given cash coupons ranging from $10 to $40 which can be used at any shop in Ngong Ping Village as well as the Ngong Ping 360 souvenir shops.
Ngong Ping will retain or mark the Ocean Park admission tickets, or register the membership numbers of the SmartFun cards once the 10 percent discount offer has been redeemed.
For any enquiries of the joint promotion, call Ocean Park at 2552 0291 or Ngong Ping 360 at 2109 9898.
Terms and Conditions
• This offer is available to holders of Ocean Park daytime admission tickets, SmartFun Annual Passes, and Ngong Ping 360 admission or attraction packages tickets between 31 December 2007 and 31 March 2008. (7 to 12 February 2008 excluded)
• This offer is only valid at the Ticketing Offices at Ocean Park’s Main Entrance and Tai Shue Wan Entrance, and Ngong Ping’s Tung Chung and Ngong Ping Terminals
• Photocopies of the tickets will not be accepted • This offer cannot be exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other admission ticket promotional offers
• In case of any dispute, the decision of Ocean Park and Ngong Ping 360 will be final
• Ocean Park and Ngong Ping 360 reserve the right to terminate this promotion without any prior notice
About Ocean Park
Ocean Park is Hong Kong’s unique home-grown theme park with a heritage of delivering family fun and fond memories. Since its opening in January 1977 as a non-profit organization, Ocean Park has developed itself to be a world-class attraction connecting people with nature, and recognized for its animal husbandry, research and relationship with the community. Over 85 million people have visited Hong Kong’s premier park since its inception and Ocean Park has remained committed to offer adults and children experiences that blend entertainment with education and conservation.
About Ngong Ping 360
Ngong Ping 360 is a dynamic new tourism experience, which combines a stunning 5.7km cable car journey with an impressive cultural themed village and easy access to the Tian Tan Buddha Statue, the world’s largest, seated, outdoor, bronze Buddha statue.
The Ngong Ping Cable Car travels between its Tung Chung and Ngong Ping Cable Car Terminals. It is a visually spectacular 25-minute experience providing panoramic views of the Tian Tan Buddha Statue, the flora and fauna of the beautiful North Lantau Country Park, Tung Chung Bay and the Hong Kong International Airport.
Ngong Ping Village, adjacent to Ngong Ping Cable Car Terminal, occupies a 1.5 hectare site and has been designed to reflect and maintain the cultural and spiritual integrity of the Ngong Ping area. As well as incorporating several, major themed attractions, Walking with Buddha, Monkey’s Tale Theatre and Ngong Ping Tea House, the Village also boasts traditional Chinese architectural design features and a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment experiences.
Ngong Ping 360 is one of Hong Kong’s ‘must do’ attractions, providing a fully integrated and memorable visitor experience.