Shanghai Disney Resort released new details of the integrated resort at the 2014 China International Travel Mart (CITM).
In addition to a Magic Kingdom-style theme park with six theme lands, and attractions including the Enchanted Storybook Castle, Treasure Cove and Garden of the Twelve Friends, the resort will include two themed hotels and a shopping, dining and entertainment district as well as a waterfront park area.
Philippe Gas, Shanghai Disney Resort General Manager, said, “Shanghai Disney Resort will provide a world-class tourism destination for Chinese guests, offering the same spirit of ‘shared family entertainment’ that Walt Disney first introduced nearly 60 years ago.
“All guests will be able to take part in a wide range of authentic Disney experiences across Shanghai Disneyland, at our two themed hotels, in Disneytown – an exciting shopping, dining and entertainment district – and at our resort’s central lake area.”
Key features revealed include:
- As well as the resort’s signature 420 room Art Nouveau style Shanghai Disneyland Hotel, there will also be an 800 room Toy Story Hotel.
- Disneytown – a shopping, dining and entertainment district – is accessible with no admission fee is and features 46, 000 square meters dining and shopping as well as a world-class theatre.
- Disneytown’s Lakeshore provides waterfront dining.
- Marketplace, in Disneytown, offers specialty family orientated shops with Disney merchandise and entertainment.
- Spice Alley includes Asian cuisines together with Beverly Hills inspired shopping streets.
- Walt Disney Grand Theatre in Broadway Plaza is an spectacular Art Deco theatre which will host the premiere of the Mandarin version of THE LION KING.
- The resort’s central lake area has a 2.5-kilometer walking path and gardens.
Image Credit: Shanghai Disney Resort