Polin Waterparks and Pool Systems, one of the world’s leading companies in the design, manufacture and installation of waterparks, waterslides and water-play attractions, has collaborated on Indonesia’s newest waterpark. Bugis Waterpark Adventure, opened May 27th, is one of the largest waterparks in Indonesia.
Pt. Baruga Asrinusa Development, Kalla Group, collaborated with Polin and their Indonesian agent Hardjonosigit in the planning and construction of the waterpark in Perumahan Bukit Baruga, Antang, Makassar, in South Sulawesi.
The world class waterpark has been themed to reflect the rural heritage, culture and values of the region. The Bugis are a South Sulawesi Austronesian ethnic group.
Adwin Pratama, Marketing and Advertising Manager for Bugis, says “We wanted the park to reflect the values and philosophy of the area-to give children and their families an opportunity to learn more about the culture and language of the Bugis.”
Names from the Bugis language have been used for the Bugis Waterpark Adventure’s three zones and ten attractions:
- Allabuang – the harbour,
- Kampong Rilau – the fishing village
- Goa Bartu Kalibampa – butterfly caves
- Malippuno – meaning “dizzying” is a rafting slide
- Pipa Wae – Polin’s Aquatube a fast body slide that is the longest in Indonesia at 150 meters or 492 feet
- Matanre – Polin’s Free Fall speed slide
- Tappasorong – Polin’s Multi Slide with side-by-side lanes and mat-based racing
- Mattulili – a body slide
- Mapettang – Polin’s Black Hole enclosed slide with inner tubes
- Wae Massolo – a lazy river
- Kollang Ana’Ana – a children’s pool
- Kollang Piii’ – a whirlpool
- Kollang To’Lompo – main pool
Polin’s Oz Ikiz says, “The park takes guests back to a simpler time where they can relax and forget about the rush of the modern world.”