Ralph Appelbaum Associates (RAA) is a multidisciplinary firm specialising in the planning and design of museums, exhibitions, educational environments and visitor attractions. A family-owned company founded in 1978, its portfolio includes many of the world’s most recognisable public learning institutions across 800 completed commissions in more than 50 countries.
Headquartered in New York, with branch offices in London, Berlin, Beijing and Dubai, RAA has a staff of over two hundred practitioners including designers, architects, historians, educators, media specialists, technologists, and researchers. RAA is known for its work for national governments, leading cultural institutions and major corporations.
Ralph Appelbaum Associates has expertise in all aspects of planning, design and media production. The firm offers comprehensive interpretive solutions, from a project’s concept phase to its realisation.
- Architectural design
- Script writing
- Content development and coordination
- Exhibition design
- Graphic design
- Branding and visual identity
- Interior design
- Business plans and operating projections
- Project management
- Site coordination
- Interaction design and development
- Editing and animation
- Mobile app design and development
- Photography and filming
- Web design and development
- and more
Ralph Appelbaum Associates Awards
Ralph Appelbaum Associates has been awarded over 300 awards in the fields of design and communication. These include a bronze ADC Award for Spatial Design, Lavazza Museum, a Silver Indigo Award for Branding, Lavazza Museum and a Red Dot Award for National Museum of African American History and Culture.
Ralph Appelbaum Associates has worked on projects around the world. These include:
- The Horniman Museum, UK
- China State Shipbuilding Corporate Pavilion, China
- The Newseum, USA
- National Museum of African American History and Culture, USA
- Roya Alberta Museum, Canada,
- Ting: Technology and Democracy, Norway
- Museo Ruta de Plata, Mexico
- Museum of the Portuguese Language, Brazil
- Lavazza Museum, Italy
- Royal Albert Memorial Museum, UK