The Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) has revealed the recipients for the 22nd Annual TEA Thea Awards.
TEA's International President, Steve Birket made the announcement from the TEA Booth at the IAAPA Expo.
Winners will receive their awards on April 2, 2016 at the Thea Awards Gala presented by Chimelong Group, at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA.
The Buzz Price Thea Award – Recognising a Lifetime of Distinguished Achievements
- Keith James, Owner/CEO, Jack Rouse Associates
- San Diego Zoo & San Diego Zoo Safari Park (San Diego, CA, USA)
Thea Awards for Outstanding Achievement
- One World Observatory (New York, NY, USA) – Attraction
- SpongeBob SubPants Adventure, Moody Gardens (Galveston, TX, USA) – Attraction
- Les Amoureux de Verdun, Puy du Fou (Les Espesses, France) – Attraction, Limited Budget
- Foresta Lumina, Parc de la Gorge de Coaticook (Coaticook, QC, Canada) – Interactive Attraction, Limited Budget
- Rory Meyers Children's Adventure Garden, Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden (Dallas, TX, USA) – Science/Discovery Garden
- Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty, Victoria & Albert Museum (London, UK) – Museum Exhibition
- Inspector Training Course, Discovery Cube LA (Sylmar, CA, USA) – Science/Discovery Experience, Limited Budget
- Fountain of Dreams (Wuyishan, China) – Event Spectacular
- Disney Paint the Night, Hong Kong Disneyland & Disneyland (Hong Kong & Anaheim, CA, USA) – Parade Spectacular
- Gantom Torch Technology – Technology, Limited Budget
- Geppetto Animation Control System – Technical Breakthrough
- Manufacturing Innovation, Ford Rouge Factory Tour, The Henry Ford (Dearborn, MI, USA) – Brand Experience, Limited Budget
- Moments of Happiness at World of Coca-Cola (Atlanta, GA, USA) – Corporate Visitor Center Rehab, Limited Budget
- Integrated Environmental Media System at Tom Bradley International Terminal, LAX (Los Angeles, CA, USA) – Environmental Media Experience
TEA Distinguished Service Award
- John Robinett, Senior Vice President – Economics, AECOM
Producer of the 2016 Thea Awards Gala is Phil Hettema of The Hettema Group. TEA Theme Index partner is AECOM. Tickets go on sale for the Gala in early December.