New product offers Ethernet control, increased scripting capability, and many more functions for automatic show operation in theme parks and other attractions.
Alcorn McBride is now shipping the V16 Pro, a versatile, frame-accurate show controller for both serial and network devices. The V16 Pro combines the stability and reliability needed by show professionals with unparalleled connectivity. With 16 serial ports, 16 inputs, 16 outputs, MIDI port and a dual Ethernet interface, the V16 Pro can “talk” to virtually any piece of equipment and can be monitored and programmed from anywhere in the world.
“The V16 Pro was developed to address the needs of customers who wanted Ethernet control but who didn’t want to trust their show to a computer, ” said Jeremy Scheinberg, Alcorn McBride Chief Operating Officer. “This product eliminates the insecurity that comes with computer control — there’s no instability or crashing, no vulnerability to viruses, and no moving parts to wear out. It allows attraction designers and operators to concentrate on the show instead of the hardware.”
Leveraging the functionality of the industry-standard Alcorn McBride V16+ show controller, which is in use in most theme parks worldwide, the V16 Pro provides many enhanced functions and operation for advanced show control requirements, including these capabilities:
• A large front panel knob that allows easy selection of IP address, timecode operation and monitoring functions (all settings can be password protected);
• A larger display providing 8 lines by 42 characters reveals more at-a-glance information;
• Compact Flash storage of show control scripts, permitting much more storage than the V16+;
• Dual Ethernet ports, allowing connection to both local and remote equipment;
• Software configurable serial ports allowing either RS-232 or RS-422/485 communication;
• Linear timecode in and out, supporting all standard rates of SMPTE and EBU;
• Composite and black burst video sync at PAL or NTSC rates;
• A real time clock which accurately keeps track of date and time of day even when power is off. For increased accuracy, the time may be synchronized to an Internet time server via NTP; and
• Enhanced scripting functions, more sophisticated protocol functions, built-in Ethernet protocols, and new variable types for customizing show scripts.
“The V16 Pro can be used with virtually any device in a themed show, but it is also a perfect complement to Alcorn McBride’s audio and video players, ” said Scheinberg. “When combined with our Digital Binloop or other players, the V16 Pro helps users create the technical backbone of their attractions without any moving parts or computers. This means less downtime and more predictable operating costs.”
About Alcorn McBride:
Founded in 1986, Alcorn McBride is the leading manufacturer of show control, audio and video equipment for the themed entertainment industry, and a rapidly growing provider of audio and video systems for retail environments and transportation applications. Staffed by some of the industry’s best engineers and backed by outstanding customer support, the company has demonstrated great agility in bringing new designs to market. A hallmark of Alcorn McBride products is their durable, zero maintenance design. The company’s products provide consistent, reliable operation for audio and video playback applications worldwide. For more information, visit alcorn.com.
See Also: Alcorn McBride Now Delivering Digital Binloop HD
Alcorn McBride Introduces V16 Pro Show Controller
Alcorn McBride Unveils Digital Binloop HD
Jeremy Scheinberg Returns to Alcorn McBride as Chief Operating Officer