Six Flags Over Texas in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, has announced the debut of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, opening to the public on May 23, 2015.
North America’s first 4D interactive dark ride, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, allows guests the chance to team up with the world’s most famous Super Heroes in a multi-sensory adventure. SUPERMAN, BATMAN, WONDER WOMAN, GREEN LANTERN and THE FLASH need help to outwit Lex Luthor and The Joker’s plans to destroy the city of Metropolis.
Guests are recruited to be JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team members, riding in sleek six-passenger bespoke, motion-based vehicles and engaging in a full-sensory battle, complete with 4D effects of fire, cannon blasts, and explosions all while experiencing hairpin, 360-degree turns and the world’s first-ever virtual loop on a dark ride. Equipped with interactive laser blasters, the challenge is to hit the 600 virtual and tangible targets featured throughout the attraction, including a life-like villain animatronic, robotic henchmen, helicopters, a hologram and an interactive fog screen. The realistic features take the gaming experience to an unprecedented level for a ride.
In creating this next generation interactive dark ride experience, Six Flags partnered with:
- Sally Corporation, the industry leader in dark rides, designed the complete experience including story development, scenery and life-like animatronics that guests encounter throughout the ride;
- Pure Imagination, the gurus of Computer Generated Imagery, created the 3D graphics and film;
- Alterface, renowned for their work in site-based interactive game play, headed up the robust gaming elements and
- Oceaneering designed the first-of-its-kind, fully programmable, multi-degree-of-freedom vehicles that transport guests through all the exciting twists and turns.
Commenting on the ground breaking new attraction, Six Flags Over Texas Park President Steve Martindale said, “We are excited to partner with the popular DC Comics characters to bring this level of unmatched, interactive thrills to our guests this season. JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is like no other ride we’ve ever built. The technology is second to none and guests will be fully immersed in the action from start to finish.”
JUSTICE LEAGUE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics. (s15)
- The ride features custom, motion-based vehicles that seat 6 passengers, each armed with a stun blaster.
- The seats offer multi-degrees-of-freedom, allowing guests to experience the motion of the vehicles synced with the action on the media screens.
- The ride offers the world’s first-ever virtual loop on a dark ride.
- Riders’ favorite DC Comics SUPER HEROES can be seen on 17 screens, including 5 17’x30’ interactive 3D screens.
- The ride uses real-time gaming allowing the characters and elements to react with the 600 Virtual and Tangible targets that are featured throughout the ride including, for the first time ever, an interactive Fog Screen with targets that guests will ride through.
- The interaction system is entirely wireless, including the communication between the vehicles, targets, stun gun devices and scoring system.
- The interaction system is designed to allow an unlimited amount of targets to be displayed during the on-screen shooting sequences.
- Guests have the ability to shoot up to 20 times per second. When guests shoot at targets with their stun blasters, it only takes 5 milliseconds for the interaction computer to react on-screen.
- Other targets include villains, helicopters, Lex Corps robots aka “Lexbots”, trucks, falling oil drums, etc.
- The ride experience is 3:20 in length.