The world’s largest regional theme park company, Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, has unveiled its new line-up of rides and attractions for the 2017 season.
The roster features a host of Warner Bros. and DC Comics branded attractions including the world debut of the next-gen JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis interactive dark ride.
Other highlights include the opening of a brand new water park in Mexico and, for Halloween, Six Flags' biggest Fright Fest® to date featuring characters from Suicide Squad.
The news coincides with the release of the company’s 2017 Season Passes which went on sale last week.
“We are tremendously excited about the 2017 season and look forward to delighting our guests with the types of innovative rides, attractions and signature events they have come to expect from Six Flags, ” commented John Duffey, President and CEO.
“We are equally thrilled to be adding a new park—Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec Mexico—to the Six Flags family as we build on our commitment to deliver world-class entertainment for guests of all ages at every park, every year.”
New rides and attractions line-up in brief:
Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great Adventure, and as part of its 50th Anniversary celebration – Six Flags Over Georgia:
Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Great America and Six Flags New England:
- The Joker – Named among the Top 10 most anticipated new roller coasters by USA TODAY and FOX News. After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey.
Six Flags America:
- WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth – An extreme swing ride that spins guests in a 98-foot circle at speeds of 40 miles per hour atop a 24-story tower.
La Ronde and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom:
- A massive pendulum-shaped thrill ride that swings 40 guests back and forth at 70 miles per hour, while rotating counter-clockwise and climbing higher and higher to 147 feet in the air. This exciting attraction will bear the name Titan at La Ronde and will be known as WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas:
- Thunder Rapids – North America’s first rocket blast water coaster.
Six Flags St. Louis:
- Spinsanity – A massive disc spins first one direction and then another, while swinging from side-to-side. Forty guests sit on motorcycle-style seats facing outward as the disc flies along the 51-foot high half-pipe track all while whirling around at 14 revolutions per minute.
The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom:
- Bonzai Pipelines duelling water slides – The new attraction will feature a pair of twisting body slides with impressive heights, thrilling speeds and nearly 300 feet of pure splashing fun.
Six Flags Mexico:
- The New Revolution – North America’s first fully-integrated Virtual Reality (VR) roller coaster.