Arquitectonica’s SkyRise Miami is set to begin construction early next year. The 1000 foot tower will become Florida’s tallest.
The SkyRise tower will be operated by the sports and entertainment management company Legends.
The project has been in the pipeline for several years. The 1,000 foot tall project has an estimated 2023 completion date. If built as promoted, SkyRise Miami would feature a number of attractions that should prove to be a popular draw for tourists. The list includes:
- Skyplunge – Jumpers attached to a wire take a high speed controlled fall at 55mph
- Skydrop – A 600 ft tall freefall ride experience with a 540 foot drop, hitting 95mph
- Flying Theater – A 72 seat flying theater experience
- Skyway – “World’s tallest rotating observation attraction”
- Skyfly – Virtual skydiving
- Skywalk – Fixed to a tether, guests walk an open deck 908 feet up with no handrails
- Skyglide – Ride down a transparent slide “outside”
- Skyledge – Walk across a transparent skydeck 866 feet up
The tower is being developed by Berkowitz Development Group and has been dubbed a “Vertical Theme Park”.
Image courtesy SkyRise Miami