Atlantis, The Palm is expanding the Aquaventure Waterpark. At the heart of the expansion, scheduled to open in August 2013, is The Tower of Poseidon.
The Tower of Poseidon, a 40 metre high structure will include:
- the world’s largest diameter waterslide
- the world’s first vertical banking family waterslide with a double hump at the end
- the world’s first double waterslide within a slide experience – tube riders in one ride will be able to watch the other riders above them.
- two family waterslides with groups of up to six people
- two waterslides allowing racing and competition between riders – the first of their kind in the Middle East.
- the world’s first zipline circuit to be integrated into a waterpark tower, also the longest zipline circuit in The Middle East
“Kerzner International has always been focused on innovation to create new and unique guest entertainment experiences. This upcoming expansion will be more exhilarating than anything we have unveiled before, with unbelievable new rides the likes of which have not been seen anywhere in the world, ” commented Alan Leibman, CEO, Kerzner International.