Britain’s best farm and rural attractions have been honoured at the National Farm Attractions Network (NFAN) annual conference and awards ceremony.
NFAN currently has over 250 members and this year’s event in Brighton was the trade association’s biggest ever.
Odds Farm Park in Buckinghamshire (above) scooped Large Farm Attraction of the Year (over 75,000 visitors pa). The award for Small Farm Attraction of the Year (under 75,000 visitors pa) went to Hall Hill Farm in County Durham.
“It is heartening to see the sector growing and developing,” commented Colin Evans, NFAN’s Chairman.
The Lifetime Achievement award was presented to Andrew Wolfe, founder of Willows Activity Farm in Hertfordshire, who was given a standing ovation.
Wolfe steps down as Chief Executive at Willows this autumn. Evans described him as a ‘father figure’ within the industry:
“He has been an active member of the NFAN committee for many years and his input will be greatly missed.”
NFAN Awards 2017 – Winners
- Jim Keetch Farm Attraction of the Year Award (Over 75,000 visitors) (Sponsored by Regency Purchasing)
- Winner – Odds Farm Park, Buckinghamshire
- Highly Commended – Fishers Adventure Farm Park, West Sussex
- Finalists – Bocketts Farm Park; The BIG Sheep; Walby Farm Park; York Maze.
- Jim Keetch Farm Attraction of the Year Award (Under 75,000 visitors) Sponsored by Rupert Oliver’s Ideas Factory
- Winner – Hall Hill Farm, County Durham
- Highly Commended – Little Owl Farm Park, Worcestershire
- Finalists – Cantref Adventure Farm; Spring Barn Farm Park.
- Innovation Award Sponsored by Marsh & Co Insurance
- Winner – Hasty’s Adventure Farm, Essex
- Highly Commended – Marsh Farm, Essex
- Finalists – Mead Open Farm; Willows Activity Farm
- Best Trade Supplier Sponsored by NFAN
- Winner – Kids Play Childcare, near Milton Keynes
- Highly Commended – Timberplay, South Yorkshire
- Finalists – David Taylor Design, Marsh & Co Insurance
- Best Food and Beverage Award Sponsored by Booker Wholesale
- Winner – Thrift Farm, near Milton Keynes
- Highly Commended – Walby Farm Park, Cumbria
- Finalists: Fishers Adventure Farm Park; Odds Farm Park;
- Lifetime Achievement Award Sponsored by NFAN
- Awarded to – Andrew Wolfe, Willows Activity Farm, Hertfordshire
- Best in Education Sponsored by Colour Heroes
- Winner – Stockley Farm Park; Cheshire
- Highly Commended – Bocketts Farm Park, Surrey
- Finalists – Barleylands; Hall Hill Farm; Walby Farm Park
- Best Digital Presence Sponsored by Partners Leisure
- Winner – Cannon Hall Farm, South Yorkshire
- Highly Commended – Odds Farm Park, Buckinghamshire
- Finalists – Cantref Adventure Farm; Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife & Falconry Centre.
- Day Maker Award Sponsored by Playscheme
- Winner – Adam Price, Cantref Adventure Farm, South Wales
- Highly Commended – Dee Naylor, Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife & Falconry Centre;
- Finalists – Danny Mitchard, 4 Kingdoms; Fran Smith, Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary;
- Graham Barclay, Cotswold Farm Park; Jim Thompson, Willows Activity Farm; Toni Powell, Walby Farm Park.
- Conference Gold Sponsors: S. Gregory & Co, Marsh & Co, Davies & Co
- Open Day Sponsors: Marsh & Co, Rupert Oliver’s Ideas Factory, Yarde Farm Ice Cream.
- Pre-Conference dinner wine sponsor: Playscheme
- Drinks Reception Sponsors: Innovative Leisure, DigiTickets
- Awards Dinner Main Sponsor: Lappset Creative
Image l-r: Martin Renwick from award sponsor Regency Purchasing Group; Steve and Jackie Vinden and the team from Odds Farm Park, Buckinghamshire; Colin Evans chairman of NFAN.