MCM is working through a $20 million refresh.
An Interpretative Master Plan by Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership sets ourtchanges to be completed by 2018.
- The Bank of America. Opened in November 2016, interactive technology and digitization introduces kids to the concepts of money.
- A mini Publix Super Market where kids get to shop, check out and create a healthy recipe.
- The Baptist Children’s Hospital Health and Wellness Center lets children try virtual fitness activities.
- The Port of Miami teaches kids about import/ export
- The My Green Home exhibit features a renewable energy technologies.
- The Sketch Aquarium – an interactive virtual aquarium that scans and animates a child’s crayoned fish.
- The Music Gallery features a symphony room and a “Big Piano” like the one in the Tom Hanks film “BIG.”
- In 2017, an Everglades exhibit and a water play area will be added to teach kids about about sea level rise, created with the help of Florida International University.
- Due for completion in late 2018 will be a new entry building.