The Musee d’Orsay has been named the number 1 museum in the world in TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards.
TripAdvisor has announced the winners of its Travellers’ Choice® awards for museums. The rankings are based on an algorithm that scrutinises the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings taken over a 12-month period.
The Musee d’Orsay in Paris, France took the top spot. The museum is situated on the Left Bank of the Seine, and houses artworks primarily by French artists. European attractions fared well in the rankings, with the British Museum taking fourth place and the Prado National Museum in Spain taking 5th. The Acropolis Museum in Greece and the Louvre in France were in 6th and 7th place.
Top 10 Museums in the World
- Musee d’Orsay – Paris, France
- The National 9/11 Memorial and Museum – New York City, New York
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – New York City, New York
- The British Museum – London, England
- Prado National Museum – Madrid, Spain
- Acropolis Museum – Athens, Greece
- Louvre Museum – Paris, France
- The National WWII Museum – New Orleans, Louisiana
- National Museum of Anthropology – Mexico City, Mexico
- War Remnants Museum – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hayley Coleman, spokesperson for TripAdvisor, said: “This year’s award-winning museums are a great start for travellers wanting to explore the world’s finest collections of art, culture, design, history and science.”
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site. It has over 535 million reviews.
The Travellers’ Choice Awards highlight the best attractions, destinations and companies in the world.
Earlier this week, TripAdvisor announced the winners of its Travellers’ Choice® awards for aquariums.
Image courtesy Langladure via Wikicommons.