The final line-up for blooloopLIVE UK 2018 has been announced, with a focus this year on retailtainment, VR, eSports and attraction evolution.
blooloopLIVE UK is the place to catch up on what’s happening in the attractions industry. Hosted by PwC at its Embankment Place offices, this represents an unmissable opportunity to network and learn from the key individuals shaping the future.
The event is on September 14th in London, and has four sessions, starting with a market overview and ending with future technology. In between we hear from attractions that are evolving for new markets and discuss the future of retailtainment.
Session 1: Setting the scene
We start the day with some solid market analysis. The keynote will be delivered by Mark Fisher, CDO of Merlin Entertainments who will share his vision of the future from the perspective of the world’s second largest attractions operator.
- Keynote: Mark Fisher, Chief Development Officer, Merlin Entertainments
- Lesley Morisetti, Director, Morisetti Associates looking at the UK attractions market.
- Philip Shepherd, Partner, PwC will review developments in the MENA region.
Session 2: Attraction Evolution
The visitor attractions industry is going through a dynamic phase. Our speakers in this session represent three different organisations who embody key trends – museum lates, overseas expansion and green tourism and adventure attractions.
- Jane Finnis, CEO, Culture24 discusses Museum Lates and the high street.
- David Harland, CEO, Eden Project International talks about overseas expansion plans.
- Alistair Gosling, CEO, Extreme looks at future developments in adventure attractions including Extreme Sheffield.
Session 3: Retailtainment
With the growth in online shopping and the decline of the high street, retailers are looking to provide customers with experiences.
- Eddie Kemsley, CEO, KidZania London will chair the session and speak about what’s new in retailtainment.
- Nicole Srock.Stanley, co-founder of the dan pearlman group and CEO of the dan pearlman Markenarchitektur GmbH will look at the evolution of experiential shopping.
- Barry Cox, Head of Business Development to Pradera Retail Asia will discuss leisure from the landlord’s perspective with a particular interest in the Asian market.
Session 4: Tech
Key trends followed by a look at the future of VR and the applications for LBE, with a view of the rapidly expanding eSports sector.
- Mark Maitland, Media & Entertainment Leader, PwC will give an overview of developments and Convergence 3.0, as well as chairing the session.
- Sarah Jones, global influencer in VR will talk about the future of the technology looking at storytelling and experience.
- Gabi Salabi, Chief Commercial Officer, Triotech will discuss the challenges facing our industry from Industrial Revolution 4.0
- Prof Andy Miah, Chair in Science Communication & Future Media at the University of Salford will talk about the massive growth and huge potential of eSports as a spectator experience.
Finally, we’ll hear from James Burleigh, chief ambassador of Merlin Entertainments’ SEA LIFE, about the story behind the ground breaking project to create the world’s first beluga sanctuary.
blooloopLIVE UK is delivered by Blooloop in association with PwC and supported by the UK Department for International Trade.
Thanks to our sponsors without whom the event would not be possible: