Polin, one of the world leaders in the design, production, and installation of waterparks, waterslides and water play attractions, has completed the new Boris Trajkovski Aqua Park in Skopje, Macedonia.
The waterpark, named after the former president Boris Trajkovski who died in a plane crash in 2004, is Skopje’s first aqua park.
The €4.2 million project was part of the city's "Skopje 2014" development with includes the building of new statues, fountains, bridges, and museums.
Working from the new office in Macedonia, Polin began construction on the waterpark in March. The occasion of the opening of the park was marked with a special ceremony on July 21, 2013. Attending the ceremony, Mr. Baris Pakis, Polin’s President said, "Polin is honored to supply our rides for this project. The government was committed turning this dream into reality. It was an absolute pleasure to work in Macedonia, and we look forward to partnerships in the future."
Some of Polin’s major attractions included at the new waterpark are:
• Multisurf: waterslide with head-first mat racing.
• Turbolance with Flying Boats: an extreme slide with a water-propelled uphill ride followed by steep drops finishing in a splash pool.
• Space Boat: brings together elements of Polin's Space Hole and Black Hole water rides.
• Body Slide: riders are propelled along a slide featuring drops and straight-aways at different speeds.
• Aquatube: a fast ride that can include both visual and auditory special effects.
• Kids area: including a rabbit slide, giraffe shower, mushroom fountain, mini octopus slide and a pirate-themed multi-level water-play structure with slides, tipping buckets, water cannons and net climbs.