As the theme park industry develops in Dubai, Zamperla has had a busy 12 months supplying rides to the region.
Featured within various venues at Dubai Parks and Resorts are no fewer than nine attractions from the Italian manufacturer. And all of them are themed!
Opened between October and December (unless stated otherwise), the selection includes the following:
• Swamp Celebration (Shrek themed Rockin’ Tug) at Motiongate movie park, DreamWorks Zone.
• Penguin Air (Madagascar themed Magic Bikes) at Motiongate, DreamWorks Zone.
• Mr Ping’s Noodle Fling (Kung Fu Panda themed Tea Cups) at Motiongate, DreamWorks Zone.
• Swinging Viking (How To Train Your Dragon themed Galleon ship) at Motiongate, DreamWorks Zone. Opening soon!
• Champaner Cricket Carnival (Midi Ferris Wheel with gondolas themed as cricket balls!) at Bollywood Parks.
• Dragon’s Apprentice (Family Gravity Coaster) at Legoland Dubai.
• Merlin’s Flying Machines (Magic Bikes) at Legoland Dubai.
Zamperla Growth in Dubai
Over at Dubai’s IMG Worlds of Adventure, one of Zamperla’s current best sellers appears with a very unique theme. Powerpuff Girls – Mojo Jojo’s Robot Rampage (Air Race) is an anchor of the Cartoon Network Zone. For this particular attraction, the company’s art department developed three different vehicles to transform the more familiar looping plane ride. Opened last August, IMG Worlds of Adventure claims to be the world’s largest indoor theme park.
Until now, a lot of Zamperla’s work in the UAE has been inside family entertainment centres (FECs). The company completed a new installation last summer at the Fabiland FEC inside the new Dubai Festival Centre mall. The company was contracted to supply the majority of the rides including a mix of thrill and family attractions. The thrill rides include an Air Race and a Disk’O 24. Younger visitors will enjoy the Jumping Tower, Convoy and Happy Swing. All the attractions supplied were custom-themed to Fabiland’s fox mascot and corporate colours. Covering an area of 7,000 square metres, this latest Fabiland outlet is the largest FEC to be developed by the Al Othaim group outside of Saudi Arabia.