Disney has announced details of attractions at the NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort, set to open in Disney Springs in summer 2019.
The look of the new attraction has been inspired by the architecture of NBA arenas.
The state-of-the-art immersive experience will include interactive games and experiences.
Stan Dodd, Executive Producer at Walt Disney Imagineering, said: “NBA Experience will highlight the heart-pounding action and excitement of the NBA world. From training simulations and clock-racing competitions to fan-favorite NBA moments – we’re bringing new experiences and thrilling games to life to make fans truly feel like a star player.”
“The Walt Disney Imagineering team has unparalleled expertise in creating best-in-class attractions for the millions of guests who visit their parks each year,” said Salvatore LaRocca, President, Global Partnerships, NBA. “The NBA Experience will be a destination for basketball fans from all over the world, and we are excited to partner with Disney to bring new and lifelong fans closer to the game.”
New experiences announced are:
- A photo moment that re-creates the draft stage, one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player.
- A replicated NBA Combine challenge – allowing visitors to track and improve their jump shots.
- A replica court, where visitors can maneuver through a series of timed shots.
- Cameras and adjustable baskets to execute the perfect slam dunk.
- An interactive trainer to challenge and test visitors with a variety of dribbling routines.
- An oversized slingshot from which visitors can launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights.
- The history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
- A team locker room with statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
- A trivia game with up to 25 participants.
- Two 180-degree cinematic presentations.
- An interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games.
- Interactive basketball games such as Pop-A-Shot and modern video games.
- A retail store featuring exclusive NBA-themed merchandise.