London Resort Company Holdings Ltd (LRCH), the company, in partnership with Paramount Pictures, behind London Paramount Entertainment Resort will be attending IAAPA and have released some details of plans for the resort.
Commenting on the news, Fenlon Dunphy, director of LRCH, said, “We are delighted to be attending this year’s IAAPA Attractions Expo. 2014 has been hugely positive in terms of realizing our vision for the London Paramount Entertainment Resort. We have received nationally significant status from the British Government and are pressing ahead with our planning application for the project, which will be submitted autumn of next year. We have also progressed discussions with prospective commercial partners, in addition toParamount Pictures with whom we hold an exclusive licence.”
Current plans revealed for London Paramount Entertainment Resort include:
- A world-class studio theme park;
- The largest indoor water park in Europe;
- Creative business space to provide a central hub for the UK creative industry;
- A 2, 000-seat theatre with regular ‘West End Quality’ shows;
- Indoor event space to host conference, musical and sporting events; and
- A range of hotels with a combined total of 5, 000 on-site bedrooms.
Mike Bartok, Executive Vice President Parks & Resorts, from Paramount Pictures says that "we're delighted to be supporting the London Paramount project, the first of its kind in the UK combining the best of Hollywood with the best of British. The dynamic vision proposed is absolutely in line with our values and we are very excited to see it being driven forwards."
Images – Paramount Pictures:
'Starfleet Academy' Star Trek-themed ride