Polin Waterparks and Pool Systems, one of the world’s leading companies in the design, manufacture and installation of waterparks, waterslides and water-play attractions, has created a new indoor waterpark in Russia. The Gorki Indoor Waterpark opened on December 21, just outside Ryazan, 120 miles south of Moscow.
Gorki Indoor Waterpark is part of the Oka Gemchugina (also known as Okskaya Zhemcuzhina) Family Entertainment Resort. The waterpark, which has a capacity of 1, 000 guests per day, covers 7, 200 square meters (77, 500 square feet) over two levels. The upper level has a family focus with an artificial lake with mini slides, fountains and showers, whilst the lower level with extreme waterslides, two pools, a solarium, a leisure river, a whirlpool and a variety of other amusement rides is aimed at adults.
The waterpark complex, designed and supplied by Polin Waterparks and Pool Systems, includes some of Polin’s most popular attractions:
- A Kamikaze waterslide: At 30 meters (98.4 feet) long this is the most extreme slide in the waterpark with “jaw-dropping falls” .
- A Space Hole/Black Hole Combination: This maze-like waterslide takes riders through enclosed tunnels, unpredictable turns and sudden drops.
- A Magic Hole: This enclosed ride features a unique elliptical shape and flat bottom with multiple twists, turns and drops.
- An Aquatube: A thrilling ride along an enclosed waterslide in complete darkness.
- A Tunnel Body Slide: A smoother, slower, less intense waterslide.
- Wave Pool: Always popular with all ages.
- Leisure River: Guests float on tubes along a river winding through dark, magical caves and mysterious fairy tunnels.
- Whirlpool: A relaxing pool of bubbles.
- Attractions for Kids: Smaller versions of Polin’s classic Body Slides, Tunnel Sides and Wide Slides as well as octopus, frog, cobra, turtle, rabbit and rainbow themed slides, elephant, mushroom and dolphin fountains and a clown shower.
Key to Polin’s design was the optimal use of the space available in the building. Selim Doguoglu, Head of Polin’s Russian Office, said, “Our engineers developed an ingenious design that placed the majority of the slides’ pathways outside the building. By extending the slides outside, we had more room on the interior to include a wider variety of attractions. No matter what their mood, I know guests at Gorki Waterpark will find a slide that fits their interests.”
Gorki Indoor Waterpark is part of a federal program designed to encourage increased domestic tourism. Elena Tsareva, Vice President of the Regional Government, who attended the opening ceremony described the project as “a good example of public-private partnership.”
In addition to the waterpark and hotel, the Oka Gemchugina complex includes restaurants and a spa. Also under construction is a family entertainment centre due to open by the end of the year. Other new attractions planned for the area include a fishing village, a yacht club, a complex of guest houses and another hotel which are due to be completed in 2015.
Polin will be at the International Exhibition of the Russian Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (RAAPA) Show in Moscow, March 20-22, booth A3/2.