Sahara Sam’s has unveiled plans to build Diggerland USA, a construction themed adventure park, next to their Oasis Indoor and Outdoor Water Park in West Berlin, New Jersey.
The Diggerland model is already successful in four sites in the UK and provides a visitor experience where families, including children, can ride and operate diggers and enjoy construction themed attractions in a safe environment.
Diggerland USA, the first theme park of its kind in North America, is set to open in summer of 2014 and run for nine months of the year. Planned admission is to be priced between $20 and $35 with capacity controlled to minimise queuing.
The 14 acre theme park will feature over 23 attractions, most of them based around iconic JCB heavy construction equipment. The attractions, which are designed to allow children and adults to safely dig, drive or ride, include:
- Driving skid-steer loaders, backhoes, tractors, mini dumpers and small excavators.
- The Spin Dizzy ride: the arm of a 20 ton JCB JS220L excavator moves up and down while spinning in circles with 8 passengers harnessed into the seats of a modified bucket attachment.
- The Backhoe Adventure: 4 riders and a ride marshal climb aboard the cab of a modified JCB 3CX backhoe for a mystery tour while taking turns behind the wheel of the machine.
- The Sky Shuttle ride: a JCB 540 Telehandler moves 15 guests at a time 5 stories high.
- Other attractions: rock climbing, multiple train rides, a ropes course, an arcade and a swamp buggy attraction.
- For younger guests: playground equipment in the Kid Zone.