Arabtec Construction selected for AED 5.7 billion contract for themed entertainment resort in Aqaba.
Arabtec Construction, has been awarded the AED 5.7 billion ($1.55 billion) contract for the construction of the Red Sea Astrarium themed entertainment resort in Aqaba, Jordan.
The Red Sea Astrarium is a themed entertainment resort, featuring:
- Four luxury hotels with a total capacity of over 2000 rooms – a themed hotel, a five star hotel, a family leisure hotel and hotel focussing on the corporate market.
- A theme park with retail, dining and entertainment waterfronts overlooking a man-made lagoon.
- Attractions including a 4D cinema, an adventure center, a theater, a water park and a Star Trek themed immersive experience, created in collaboration with Paramount Parks & Resorts and CBS Consumer Products.
- Landscaping including ‘Hijazi’ and ‘Hanging Gardens’ and a water feature.
- An iconic ‘Summit’ building containing eight attractions.
Construction work on the project is set to start the third quarter of 2014, with plans for a soft opening in the third quarter of 2017.
Hasan Abdullah Ismaik, Managing Director and CEO of Arabtec Holding, the parent company of Arabtec Construction, said, “We are pleased to be involved in this important project which will further boost the Jordanian economy and enhance the country’s attraction as a tourist destination. We are already actively involved in two major projects in Jordan and look forward to expanding our presence there to take advantage of Jordan’s huge potential.
“Apart from its high value and significant contribution to our long term investment, which will translate in sustainable returns to our shareholders, this project provides further recognition of Arabtec as a leading international provider of complex mixed-use developments.”